Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to do?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Feceset, Jun 2, 2005.

1. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

What to do?

After getting my Werebear Maul Druid to Act I Nightmare, I realized he wasn't much fun and I like Werewolf Fury Druids better.

My Fury Druid is now on his way to maxing the last of his skills and I was wondering what I should do?

1) Get an attacking pet: Wolves, Ravens, Bear?
    2) Cyclone Armor. My res might not hit 75 in Hell, and this could help against Gloam and FE bosses.
    3) Rabies: All of my physical damage dealing characters wear Raven Frost/Carrion Wind. Perhaps I should put the charges to use, and go with Rabies as a second attack?
    4) Get an elemental damaging skills: I could get Armageddon, Fire Claw, or Hurricane. I don't think they'd do too well without psynergies, but I may be mistaken.
    5) One of your suggestions.

Feedback is much appreciated.

2. Sir Lanksalot

Sir Lanksalot IncGamers Member

I would recommend 1)get a bear

It draws monsters attention away from you which means you get hit less - which can never be a bad thing. They also look cool! :cool:
    I know my ww would have died a few times if it weren't for its furry companion.

edit - i know what you mean about wb... so boring. I mean c'mon when can anything that rhymes with carebear be any fun!

3. bill_n_opus

bill_n_opus IncGamers Member

I'm not a Druid expert having only played a Fury/Rabies Druid up to ~ 66ish ... and a fledgling Wind Druid ... but here goes:

- you don't have any summons at all? Interesting. I have a Grizzly Bear and after minimal + skills it's a lot of fun and tanks well in NM. I think that it's well worth the minimal investment. Great for recasting by ranged foes and becomes another target in Hell.

- not entirely sure ... but doesn't Cyclone Armor have to be in de-shifted form to be cast? Otherwise a great idea.

- Rabies damage with CarrionWind synergy does pretty good damage in NM. Probably not a big deal in Hell unless you have a lot of +skills or unless you wear Trang's Glove and/or use Poison facets/Dweb on switch for enhanced poison damage/duration. That takes a bit of work. Having said all this - I still think that Rabies is a great backup skill. But we'll see.

- don't think that any of the 3 you listed will do much without synergies.

Good luck.

4. Feceset

Feceset IncGamers Member

I dunno about in 1.10, but in 1.09, people would cast Cyclone Armor, and then transform.

5. PyroStock

PyroStock IncGamers Member

1.Get a L9Grizzly after +skills to get him to his max resists. You're a far better killer than Grizzly and faster too so after he's L9 you would probably find it better to just fatten him up with points in DireWolves so he never dies and you don't waste time recasting that you could be killing. Also wolves eating corpses can be very helpful sometimes too. Ravens are good enough at 1pt which +skills will take to higher levels if/when you want to use them.

2.You could put 1pt in Cyclone Armor, but it would mostly be for style points since you cannot recast it in shifted form and in Hell it will fall off quick. For Glooms a sturdy pet like a grizzly or wolves are better when used properly.

3.Rabies with the synergy bug should be good for offense, but I haven't tried this yet.

4.Without synergies - no.