Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What To Do......

Discussion in 'Classic' started by Standard Legal Tender, May 25, 2005.

1. Standard Legal Tender

Standard Legal Tender Banned

What To Do......

I was just wondering...If you've made the 4-5 characters you wanted to make this ladder and you've dressed them up in nice shiny pink godlies... where do you go from there? Do you go into pub duel games, own a few people and log off.....Do you sit quietly waiting for reset to do the same thing over again...Or are you the type to try and get # 1 necro on your realm...Whatever the case...please tell. :confused:

2. Fearlessone

Fearlessone Diabloii.Net Member

Dear Confused:

One thing to do is what U are doing right now, coming to the forums to learn new tricks. You can make chars that are overlapping in their abilities to affect how well a party does. I choose chars that augment the other skills in the party. If a group has too many barbs, I bring the necro, and curse away. I know ppl who go for #1. Their style of play is very different than mine or most people. Actually, I have 3 chars who are in the top 10 on their char ladders, but I and many of my friends who are way up on ladder could care less about #1 or even the top 5. We are there cuz we just play alot...

Going LoD isnt all that bad, just ignore ppl who try to drown u in free godly uniques before u have even gotten to nightmare. It's been said many times before: make chars that are hard to play, handicapped, challenging.

Try another game that is different than diablo or get a hobby that gets ur hands dirty or opens up books. Alot of ppl I knew who played EQ in its heyday would break to play diablo2 cuz it was so different in almost every way from EQ.

3. WNxZerker

WNxZerker Diabloii.Net Member

I only had one goal this ladder and that was to make a single char that could solo all areas of the game including dclone, I have acheived that with my hammerdin on LoD and now I am preparing for the next season by collecting items that will be good on non ladder, like things that I can sell for NL sojs so that I can hunt down Dclone as soon as possible on LoD. and yeah I want to make a PvP char sometime soon once I am rich enough to afford the gear.

4. weep

weep Diabloii.Net Member

I think the ultimate motivation to continue leveling is necessity.. for pvp chars. I'm not sure why, but I just can't seem to play pure pvm chars past the low 80's. I continued to level my two highest .08-.09 characters, a 91 bvb and ** zvz just because I wanted to dominate in pvp. I've befriended many hardcore pvm players over the years and they all seem to play as a force of habit, and don't derive that much fun from playing anymore.. how could you after so many cs runs with the same character.. it's just too repetitive, for me at least.

EDIT: oh, and by the way.. items don't make pvm much more entertaining for me either.. the sorc in my avatar for example i made a few months ago (scnl west) with pretty much the best items possible, some borrowed and some traded for.. anyways 100's of sojs and I still only leveled her to like 81.5 before csing got painfully boring.

5. fredsta54

fredsta54 Diabloii.Net Member

i still play for 2 reasons. To duel with my beloved BvB cleggers :lol: and to make new pvp characters that can dominate pubby duel games, that are not very common

Fred

6. Murrogh

Murrogh Diabloii.Net Member

late starter

once the chars I make have godlies I make new different classes...
    I started the ladder late so I am still aquiring the gear for the chars that I have made, so lotta mf
    I too am quickly bored by cs and pvm and mostly just play to make dueling chars.
    still I am looking forwared to new ladder and I hope they do something about bots somehow though I highly doubt they will.
    chars I have started so far...
    bone necro
    cs zon
    hammeradin
    orb sorc
    fire sorc
    bliz sorc
    mf barb
    BvA
    various low lvl chars for fun

7. Standard Legal Tender

I'm not much into manner duels like bvb...I like to talk too much "-bad stuff-"...and I'm very short tempered...maybe i could try a bvb though.. i could aways stack and change gear..lvl ** barb 160-170bh> cleg? I never used clegs before.. ever...
    P.s- I love the sound of crying too much...That's why i like to end games and no manner duel ^-^.

8. fredsta54

Well battlehammers usually have 100 strength requirement, whereas clegaws only has 55. As a general rule, 150 bhs and below < clegs. 170 battlehammers are probably better in terms of damage but clegaws also 900ish ar and a 30% bonus to ar. at high lvls most of the damage comes from open wounds and crushing blow anyway. If youre on USEast ladder ill show u a thing or 2 about clegs, and how it is underrated. MY lvl 85 Bvb clegger can beat barbs the same lvl with 160 bhs, godly orns, godly grim shields, grim helms, godly rares all socketed with perfect amethysts. (except of course for angelics and gobtoe. EVERY bvb needs them.

My 2 bvb cleggers, now both are lvl 85, have pretty much perfected their gear and skills, and are done lvling for good. The only diffirence between the 2 is that one has cannot be frozen, and 45 base strength, 4.7k life. And the other 1 has base strength, cold damage, and is just short of 5k life. (he uses a rare belt as opposed to deaths sash)

at clvl 85 clegaws sword does 125 damage max, which is effectively higher than a lot of rare weapons due to its 50% deadly strike.

Cleg barbs 0wn J00 :lol:

Fred

EDIT: sorry for rambling on, i just wanna get the word out ;P

9. magnet

magnet Diabloii.Net Member

heh.

my bvb's have seriously never had any trouble at all with any of the cleg barbs they've come across..

as a result,i tend to not take them seriously--there is never a real danger of dying when i duel them...

10. Standard Legal Tender

Cleg might be interesting... and cheap. Erm which of the 2 builds did you find better, cold dmg or cannot be frozen? More precise gear is appreciated as well. Ex: Using biggins/sb/twitch or Sig shield, helm/Rcage.
    I have no experience in cleg barbs, i suppose they can't be too different from Bh or Exe bvbs, but just to be safe :D .

Are you gonna take that freddy from a peice of metal? Don't take that from magnet.. Fight Fight Fight Fight. :clap:

11. fredsta54

Mabye Sh**** cleg barbs. What lvl were they? what setup did you use? at my clvl clegs damage is 125, has insanely low requirements, and has a massive boost to ar along with 50% deadly strike. If your on east ladder, ill be happy to duel your barb with mine.

@ SLT: i prefer the cannot be frozen setup due to my laggy computer, and mobility.

My gear is completely neglegent of defence, which i make up for with 13k ar and 4.7k life at clvl 85.

He uses biggins, s-back, gob toe, angelic jewelry, clegs combo, deaths sash, twitchthroe. the usual.

The reason i wouldnt use the rcage// sigs combo, or defence bvb is that that would mean i would have to points into strength, more than are needed for my weapon.

Fred

PS. standard legal tender, are you on east ladder?

12. magnet

i play on on USwest ladder.

i have a few different barbs ranging from clvl 75-87. my main bvb has a couple hammers on switch, a 96-161 2-19fire 2-13cold 100 psn [roughly] and a 97-172 1-24lightning 20-25fire. he has 4.4+ life and a roughly 550-900 one hand ww.

my martel speeder has a bvb switch setup using a 96-169 1-20lite 15-20fire bham and a 30/20 20priz pavise in conjunction w/ rattlecage. not as good as my pure bvb but his max ww is well over 1k, and 50% cb goes a long way..

my naga barb uses a 123 1-9fire 10-14 cold -30req naga and has no added strength..all vit....hes not done[clvl 75], but is still more than capable.

none of these guys has much trouble with cleggers, and i imagine the ones around that i duel from time to time are pretty much carbon copys of yours....

if you wanted to build a clegger on west, id be more than happy to provide you with a rush and gear.....it would be cheaper than me trying to get a bvb goin east....

13. fredsta54

well, first off the cleggers you dueled were probably inexperienced and lower lvl. Second, s-back barbs damage mostly comes from open wounds, cb, and physical damage all going at once. 125 clegaws with 50% ds > 150 bh and below. 150 bhs and up will do more dmg but they have higher requiremtns, and dont give as good a ar bonus as clegs. The slows target on clegs gloves also makes your opponent barb less manuverable and more prone to get wwed while he is trying to dodge out the way.

As for naga barbs, you just have to stop them from ranging you, as your physical damage will be better// just as good you can go head to head without worrying at all.

I dont think i will be joining you on west, its to boring to lvl up bvbs, especially to the lvl at which clegs swords damage becomes as good as other weapons.

My bvb can beat clan barbs with socketed orns, socketed bhs, socketed grim helms, grim shields, etc, without to much trouble.

Fred

14. magnet

as far as level goes i reckon the better one outta the lot is around clvl 85...

and as far as clegs being better than a sub-150 bham...who really uses hammers that low?

anyhow, the offer stands if you ever wanna take me up on it.

15. fredsta54

a 150 battlehammer is not to be laughed at. A lot of bvb players dont have enough funds to spend 10+ sojs on a bvb, and therefore they cant afford 170+ bhs. a 150 bh goes for 1-2 sojs so its good.

My clegger Bvb isnt a sub-par bvber, its no diffirent or better than most others. Only top notch bvbers can defeat me.

Fred

16. Standard Legal Tender

Can you Feeeeeel the tension...? ;)

P.s-I am Sccl West :p

17. WNxZerker

WNxZerker Diabloii.Net Member

150-170 BH?
    is that ED%? or is that max damage?
    I want to know so that I dont throw away a 1-10+soj weapon when i come across it.
    also what is a good ED on a war club?
    I picked up a 124ED% war club the other day and was thinking of making a pvm ww barb to use it till i found a better one.

Zerker

18. Great_Evils

Great_Evils Diabloii.Net Member

fred did you use the EQ you listed to lvl up with, or did you just switch gear once you thought your barb was done?

19. Standard Legal Tender

If you find Nagas, Martels, Bhs, Exes, Anc, Lances, Becs, Anc Axes, erm that's all i can think of..Well if they have 150ish ed, it's probably worth something, more or less 1 soj. If it has a lot of + damage with 150+ ed or if the ed is 170ish it's worth around 2. :D ..cost depends on the type of weapon too of course..Example: Exe > Lance

20. fredsta54

i originally used the same setup with a magic + life belt and a 114 life mask. I quickly found that biggins and deaths sash is superior, though. As for leveling same eq only i swapped out s-back for clegs shield to complete set, and used a rare ring with life steal.

I have 2 lvl 85 bvb cleggeys and i only made 2 so i can see which setup is superior.