Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to do with the rest of my skill points?

Discussion in 'Assassin' started by mondo1023, Feb 1, 2004.

1. mondo1023

mondo1023 IncGamers Member

What to do with the rest of my skill points?

I am currently playing a ladder C/C PS Assassin. Here is where my points are so far:

20 CoT
    20 PS
    10 WB
    10 CM
    5 BoS
    All the prereq skills

I am currently level 82 and now have 20 skill points still unused. I am using nat's set + bartuc's and soem random other stuff, and have maxed resists in hell (well not poison, but i dont really care about poison).

So where should I put those last 20 skill point to best compliment my char? I am considering either FoF or SM. FoF to raise the PS synergy, shadow master because my merc always gets owned and having soemthing else to tank would be nice. So is one of these skills where i should put my skill points, or maybe one i am missing completely? Advice is much appreciated.

2. Anidem

Anidem Banned

All the shodow skill are valueable now. CoS is greatly improved giving you a def bonus, mind blast is invalueable for crowd control (eveen at 1 point). WB is Good at 10 (diminishing returns Suk!). fade BoS and even a SW for tank have many uses!

3. Anidem

Anidem Banned

oh yea. If your not gonna use the dual claw finisher id max CM but if your not then dual claws and weapon block are wasted. cause the block can be had with a good shield since the dex req are high for claws neways. that would fre up the points in WB also.

4. mondo1023

i am passively using the claw finisher... i only have 1 point in it, but with all the +skills, i have 10 points in it. So should I max that first maybe?

5. nutjobie

nutjobie IncGamers Member

i would suggest putting at least 1 skill in death sentry. Not more. With + skills you get a decent ratio on the blows.

6. Naliworld

Naliworld IncGamers Member

Consider maxing FoF to increase PS's Meteor damage, which you'll need against LI groups.

7. mondo1023

but which skill is the MOST useful to me now? What takes precidence? FoF? SM? Dual Claw finisher? Max CM? DS? Since I only have 20 skill points, I can't exactly pick all of them. I need to narrow it down to one or maybe 2 skills to put points into. :)

edit: I looked up the synergies, and maxing FoF would "only" double the fire damage. And seeing how I use the 2nd charge most of the time anyway (assumign stuff isnt lightning immune), maybe one of the other skills is better?