Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to do with my perfect eth guardian angel

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by wheel-of-doom, Sep 14, 2006.

1. wheel-of-doom

wheel-of-doom IncGamers Member

What to do with my perfect eth guardian angel

So i was rushing my friend a while back and when i killed diablo, a guardian angel drops, curious to see what % it was, I was happy to find out it was eth when i eventualyl looked at it. I eagerly ran to meph and lo and behold a perfect 200%. Feeling rather lucky i assembled the necessary runes and upped it. And thishttp://img.photobucket.com/albums/v214/wheelofdoom/ega.jpg was the result.

I have yet to figure out what to do with it though. Any suggestions?

2. templecrasher

templecrasher IncGamers Member

I would stick an Um in it and give it to an Act 2 merc

3. BluzMan

BluzMan Banned

Nice merc armor indeed. Zoded could be of some use for some chars in some situations (some of dammit), but is not a top-notch or popular gear, so you will spend alotta time finding the buyer.

4. jag

jag IncGamers Member

1st, need a zod in it -- after that sell it for some insane amount and buy a small tropical island to retire too.... LOL

5. Dawnmaster

Dawnmaster IncGamers Member

Well, by the looks of it you already used it atleast a few times, so why not either use it socketed with something usefull for yourself until it almost breaks and then switching the socket with a Zod or giving it to a merc?

6. IntelligentX

IntelligentX IncGamers Member

When upping something with durability, the durability will be rerolled too (Or being damaged during upping?)

7. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

The base dura gets re-rolled in the base range of the item, in this case a hellforge plate. The %ED stays the same.

I would socket it with a zod and make a cleric with 100 res all. It's a healer pally that usually switches back and forth between cleansing and salvation while Holy Bolting evrything in sight.

8. Merick

Merick IncGamers Member

I've found a perfect eth gangel too. I traded it for a tidy sum.

9. Ax2Grind

Ax2Grind IncGamers Member

Practically a Paladin item, only

Non-ethereal: Gul on a pre-Trinitar Vengeance. With 10+ skill points into each of the resist auras you gain +5% Maximum Resist to fire, cold and lightning, and the Gul adds the poison.

Ethereal: Zod and wear Venom Grip to replace the Gul above. Since an act two mercenary doesn't block or count as a Paladin, most of the bonuses are lost on him, while you can get him higher defense items. The attack rating and max resists are nice, but it doesn't help him nearly as much as other armors.

Edit: BTW, it received 525 base defense, five points below the maximum of 530 ({525*1.5}*3).

10. Zalcitabine

Zalcitabine IncGamers Member

I would put it on a merc - the +15 to maximum resists really help from my experience.

Also, Guardian angel is the best looking armor in the game in my opinion, especially on a paladin - you just gotta love that gray color and sturdy look! :smiley:

11. chrislindsay

chrislindsay IncGamers Member

I´d second that--my merc would LOVE the 90 max resists, in any situation. I run the ubers all the time, and meph is quite good at convictioning my merc into oblivion...