Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to do with my merc's armor?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by schillerdc78, Apr 24, 2008.

1. schillerdc78

schillerdc78 IncGamers Member

What to do with my merc's armor?

Hi everyone,

my Might-Merc is wearing a Grim Scythe with Honor, Natalya's totem and Black Hades. As the Black Hades has 3 free sockets i was wondering what to put in there. My Char is a lvl 87 Fishymancer, Guardian and doing pretty good right now.

I do have some jewels with 35-37% to damage, does that work?
    My highest rune is an Ohm.

Do you have any idea what I could put into the sockets?

Your advice is very welcome

SchillerDC78

2. Cius

Cius IncGamers Member

Re: What to do with my merc's armor?

Depends on what he needs. Increase attack speed jewels could be good if you are near a breakpoint. Resists can be included as well. Faster hit recovery comes to mind. If he is taking a lot of damage then Sol runes are also great. If you really don't find anything better then ordinarily perfect rubies for the life are fine too.

Extra damage has minimal effect. You could put 3 expensive damage jewels in there and it would only make a 10% difference to his damage in some cases. Far better to try increase speed, reduce hit recovery, and cover resistances/life for cutting down on deaths as all that will in the long run increase his damage and reduce his maintenance cost.

3. Helx

Helx IncGamers Member

If using them for a merc, I would reserve those relatively rare jewels for a merc using a weapon that produced much more damage--whether from another runeword (Insight, Obedience made from an ethereal giant thresher or great poleaxe for example ) or from a high-damage unique or rare poleaxe. That said, if you plan to have your merc wear that armor from now on, those would probably be my choices for the sockets.

4. moo-cow

moo-cow IncGamers Member

I'd consider IAS but my favorite is Sol runes. IAS jewels and Shael runes are for if you need him to be doing damage and not just giving you an aura and not dying.

5. schillerdc78

schillerdc78 IncGamers Member

Thanks so far everyone,

right now i'm torn between giving some more life or more damage reduction. Those two seem to be more universal in case I want to use the armor for another character in the future.

cheers

SchillerDC78

6. Jaago

Jaago IncGamers Member

Just don't go wasting your Ohm into the socket like that. It's very rare and demands to be used in a nice runeword like Call to Arms.

Both Prubies and Sol runes are very good choices to be put into the sockets. Sols are probably slightly better, but on the other hand you're probably going to find better damage reducing armors in the future, so Prubies are perfectly justified, too.