Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to do with my Bowa?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Scudstorm, May 27, 2008.

1. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

What to do with my Bowa?

I made a glass canon bowazon, with Multi and Strafe as main attacks.

I found her a Windforce (!), not yet Shael'd. Because of that bow, she's currently following the Wf + Faith merc guide on gear selection (IAS jewel'd Andy's, LoH, String) except that she's using Cat's Eye (don't have an Atma) and a plain mp before I take that Wire Fleece Fort off my smiter :grin:

No Faith merc yet.

She has trouble killing, and the lack of some important gears are the cause, I think. I'm not getting a Faith merc any time soon... What should I do gear-wise?
    I didn't find an IAS breakpoint table for Windforce without any Fana aura.

For skills, I've maxed Strafe and Penetrate, with 1pt in every 1pt wonders. Now she's lvl83 and a bit more than 20 skill points to spare. Where should I put them? Freezing arrow? Valk? Critical strike?

As for stats, she's going with 50 base vita. 50 more are unspent, and 80'ish str for gear. All rest are in Dex. Do I need more vita?

It's the first Ama I've taken past normal Baal, any input welcome :smiley:

2. MuffinMan

MuffinMan IncGamers Member

Re: What to do with my Bowa?

Get a act2 Might Merc (Nightmare..not the defensive but one of the other two. Dont remember which) and get him some basic survival gear. Then try using multi aswell, Windforce still does a lot of damage each shot even if it will not be that fast.

At what level are your +passives/bowskills currently at?

1 point in Freezing arrow is rarely a bad idea on a pvm bowa.

3. Scudstorm

Scudstorm IncGamers Member

Re: What to do with my Bowa?

Thx for the reply ^^

She does have 1 pt in Freezing arrow, and I'm considering it as one of the potential skills to max.

She's currently using:

Andy's with plain IAS jewel
    Shael'd Windforce
    Wire Fleece Fort (my smiter is naked now bwahahaha)
    Cat's Eye
    Razortail (made a mistake in original post)
    Laying of Hands
    Gore Riders (just switched from Travs)

+3 Valkyrie Harmony Ward Bow on switch

She has Torch and a few other charms in inventory. Around 500 life, negative resists in Hell. +2 all skills and +3 ama skills from gear.

I managed to solo Hell Chaos 2 times with her. It wasn't bad, but not very fast. And both times, Big D owned her with his lightning attack :(

The Valkyrie is able to tank most Superuniques, so I don't know if I want more points into it. Maybe make it lvl 17?

I'm reluctant about act2 mercs since I'll Chaos a lot with her, and they tend to.. uh... die ^^