Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to do with an Ohm rune?

Discussion in 'Single Player Forum' started by Masas, Apr 6, 2005.

1. Masas

Masas IncGamers Member

What to do with an Ohm rune?

Decisions, decisions... Wait for a Vex (quite possible, I have many chars waiting for their forges), and an Ist and make sExile?
    Find a 'known' forumite with a Sur and share the thorny goodness, or hope for one and make Bramble myself?
    Or, maybe Chaos?
    I won't make CTA for sure, because I already have one from 1337s in roman numbers giveaway.

2. NSXdreamer

NSXdreamer IncGamers Member

Socket in a dagger and use it as twinker gear. :D

What char do you play a lot, if pal, then a vex is only two good luck on hellforge, not too far fetched. But if you don't like them, they find something else. Or if you like sin's, chaos is good. I wouldn't wait on for a sur if I were you however.

3. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

I wouldn't spend those good runes on an Exile unless you're an astronomical phantastomegauneual paladin-freak, trying out WW-Sin would be my use for it.

4. whomhead

whomhead IncGamers Member

If you like Pallys - Exile.
    If you like Sins - Chaos
    If you like melee chars in general - CtA (though you say you've already got one)
    If you like looking at shiny things in a stash - save it and wait for a Sur

5. Sint Nikolaas

Sint Nikolaas IncGamers Member

Sit on it, wait for another high rune.. just put it in a stash and look at it periodically.

I'd give you that Sur, if you hadn't asked for it :rolleyes: I never give items to people who ask for it.

6. kabal

kabal IncGamers Member

The thing with Bramble is that you'll make it, and it'll come out with a perfect 50% enhanced poison damage, and you'll be really happy for a while. Then one day you'll see someone's beta Bramble with well over +100% poison damage, and you'll realize you wasted your runes... :p

7. Ray Patean

Ray Patean IncGamers Member

Like this one?

Bramble
    Archon Plate
    'RalOhmSurEth'
    +197% to Poison Skill Damage
    Socketed (4: 4 used)

:D :D

Too bad I didn't make it...it was a gift from someone when they quit the game.

8. NSXdreamer

I just don't think waiting for a sur because you have an ohm is logical, since sur is two level higher than ohm, and eve less likely to drop.

9. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

Sometimes I think Blizzard making Diablo II so well was a series of coincidences...sort of like a million monkeys writing on a million typewriters and producing Shakespeare....197% poison damage...what the hell were they thinking.

Anyways Chaos is cool, because it allows for a totally new build the whirlwind sin...And claw range has been upped in 1.10 so that's what I cast my vote for.

10. Corrupted

Corrupted IncGamers Member

Or he would think "hey, I have a cool item which fits this version, not an item which is from some beta overpowered crap which doesn't belong here."

11. skoolbus

skoolbus IncGamers Member

Exile, 1000+ def on a shield is cool

12. Sint Nikolaas

I made a bramble once, made a rabies wolf with him :) was quite amusing.. then I lend the armor out and forgot to whom. Not that I needed it back anyway (I remember it was to a trusty someone so have fun with it :D )

I could do three things with this..
    1. Say: that's cool, wish I had friends like that.
    2. Say: sure.... right.... don't make those comments too often.
    3. Say: I know this guy I met on Bnet, who also joined SP. He had a friends friends dog brother uncle sister daughter who knew a guy with a friends mom grandma friends son that used to keep turtles who transmuted like the ninja turtles and found splinter that also used to play online with some friends friend who also moved to SP. That guy knew a guy that quit playing and so I got all his ebotds and CoH's.. pretty neat.

Your pick :rolleyes:

13. Crazy Runner Guy

Crazy Runner Guy IncGamers Member

I vote a gosu pwnage PvP WW sin. Then MF like crazy and trade for Shadow skillers with +life and all of the other gear, and then PvP like no other.

crg

14. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

This from a guy who loaned his Bramble out to someone, and forgot who:)...If I loaned something that required a Sur and Ohm I sure as hell would remember who it was...In fact I wouldn't loan it out at all.

15. Sleepless

Sleepless IncGamers Member

I would go with Chaos, ww rocks.

PWND

16. Gohanman

Gohanman IncGamers Member

Easy, Nik.

Ray's been around the SPF a looooong time. Seniority definitely isn't everything, but on the other hand a long-standing good reputation should count for something.

17. Ray Patean

Ray Patean IncGamers Member

If I were you, I'd pick number 1. The 'friend' I'm talking about is a well respected member at other forums, you might know him..RealCF. I have absolutely NO DOUBT that this Bramble is legit, considering the circumstances that allowed him to make it. It was actually a group effort that allowed him to get the runes for this armor. In the thread where he first showed everyone (posted at the "other place") he thanked a few upstanding members who helped get the runes...these people are AlTheKiller, Strijdje, Doc Hakai, Kings_Spectre, Pikke, and NSXDreamer. Now, do you think ANY of those people would work on getting an illegitimate item? Yeah, me neither.

I've been active at this board, or other ones for three years now and this is the first time ANYONE has ever even brought up a suspicion about me not being legit. Oh, I'm an SPTN member too...I don't think they'd let someone in who wasn't 100% amazingly awesomely legit. So, yes. I take offense to anyone even thinking I might not be totally legit...and honestly, if for some reason I DID get it from an illegitimate source, why would I go and show it off? I'm a reasonable intelligent person, and that would just be stupid.

So, before you go throwing random shots in the dark at people you think might be cheating/hacking/whatever, you might want to double-check and make sure you're right...too many bad things have happened from witch hunts.

Gohan: Thank you for sticking up for me. I appreciate it.

That is all.
    --Matt

18. NSXdreamer

Cool down everyone. It's just that a lot of insane claims has been made here lately, so I guess that made everyone on the edge.

19. Sint Nikolaas

Seriously, did my post offend anyone?
    I didn't say you were a cheater/hacker/anything Ray. If you took it that way -> your problem. I was commenting on your ''figure of speech'', not on you. I couldn't even care less if you said those words, Krem or even someone that joined the forums today. Period. If you can't take the joke about alot of hackers saying ''yeah I got this <insert elite item> from a friend.. I think it's legit'' then deal with it.
    I am truly sorry to make a post with these harsh words. I won't comment on it further. Leave me a PM if you want to tell me I suck, I'll even respond in polite manner. Well.. as polite as the received PM will be :)

@chim yeah well.. if I know someone well enough he/she can burrow or get stuff. You know what ''Sint Nikolaas'' stands for in Dutch? Santa Claus.. go figure.. :p

EDIT: sorry to go a bit OT here mas.. now go put that ohm in a stash and sit on it ;)

20. Serdash

Serdash IncGamers Member

Toss it in a Perfect 130% Schaeffers and wave it in Ryondaahl's face with 10% more ED than his.

Oh, and Ray = l33t g0su h4x n00b.

Don't trust him. He's a bad bad person.

Then again everything I say is a lie.

Except that.

And that.

And that.

...And that. >.>