Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What to do with an Ist?

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Maje, Mar 5, 2004.

1. Maje

Maje IncGamers Member

What to do with an Ist?

I just got an Ist on my Hellforge Quest with my PvM Hammerdin. And I'm wondering what to do with it.

I'm pretty satisfied with my current setup (PTopaz Harlequin's Crest, PTopaz Vipermagi, PDiamond Herald of Zakarum...) so the only things I'd really need to improve would be Heart of the Oak or Enigma. And I doubt an Ist gets me close to Vex, Jah or Ber.

I see three things I could do with it:
    -Socket it in the Wizardspike for MF: This I'm not sure, as I have Gull + Rhyme on switch against superuniques and act bosses.
    -Collect the runes for Call to Arms: I already got a Mal, so I'd only need the Ohm. Is it tradable? Is Call to Arms that useful?
    -Try to trade it for something else.

Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.

2. iceball_aarf

iceball_aarf IncGamers Member

Don´t socket it in the wizardspike, it would really be a waste...

Call to Arms is very tradeable if you get a good roll on the +warcries.

Other Options would be either a Delirium helmet that would make just about any melee build hell viable or a Silence weapon (phaseblade for a smiter for example), any of those options would be better than the wizardspike socket...

If none of those options interest you then by all means trade it, but ask on the trade forums it´s worth first...

3. Voldemort

Voldemort IncGamers Member

I kept mine to socket it and made Call To Arms Great runeword for a Pally.

4. IMCL85

IMCL85 IncGamers Member

ohm is kind of exp dude. Right now they worth like a 32+ hoto so if I were you I would just keep the ist and save up until you got more ist to trade for a ohm or a vex. But really I find call to arms is kind of pk weapon over all. And I doubt the chance would be high for it to be a 5 bo. So probably just go for vex. And hoto is alot better to us hammer then cta.

5. Maje

Maje IncGamers Member

That's what I thought. Well thanks all for your suggestions; I guess I'll just stash the Ist away and save for some high runes.