What to do w/ gold and what jewels to keep?

fwing

Diabloii.Net Member
What to do w/ gold and what jewels to keep?

1. I have a lot of gold. I usually just gamble on rings to see what happens and because they're set at 50k it seems like a decent deal. Is there something better to spend my money on?

2. I have a ****load of jewels but I'm not sure if they have any value. Should I sell them or keep them for some later purpose? I know people craft items with these but can anything be of great value?

ThomasJohnsen

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: What to do w/ gold and what jewels to keep?

1. I have a lot of gold. I usually just gamble on rings to see what happens and because they're set at 50k it seems like a decent deal. Is there something better to spend my money on?
1) Get a Gheed's Charm and an Edge Bow - this will give you up to a 30 percent discount when gambling.
2) Gamble Rings/Amulets/Circlets and Coronets - these items will net you a very nice profit, if you get lucky and they spawn with just the right affixes.
3) For information on what is valuable check the PC forum on a regular basis, and you'll quickly get the hang of it. This is a thread where players show their best rares.

2. I have a ****load of jewels but I'm not sure if they have any value. Should I sell them or keep them for some later purpose? I know people craft items with these but can anything be of great value?
1) Jewels are used for crafting - you can collect say 40+ Jewels and easily sell them to a crafter (price ofc. depends heavily on realm).
2) Crafts can be very valuable - see the [Crafted items only] Showoff thread in the stats forum for examples.
3) The most valuable jewels are 15ias/[email protected], 15ias/35+ed but blue jewels with nice mods or rare with 3+ nice affixes are also sought after.
4) Jewels are used heavily in Low Level Dueling - if you are unsure, which jewels are used check this link. Low level jewels can be very expensive if they spawn with just the right affixes.