What To Do W/ an Eth Armor

SiccVolta

Diabloii.Net Member
What To Do W/ an Eth Armor

today i found a eth sacred armor and the def is 800+ i was wondering i should do anything with it?.. the str req is also like 228 or something.. so should i socket it or get rid of it?

Leohappy

Diabloii.Net Member
Ethereal armors don't lose durability on mercs so people usually make merc runewords into them (mostly Stone). The benefit is higher defense on ethereal items, and slightly lower requirements (222 str on eth Sacred).

It should have good trade value even if you don't need it. 222 str req is no problem for Act2/5 merc.

Sharaz

Diabloii.Net Member
ive made a few chains of honor runewords for mercs from ethereal armors. with an 800 def sacred, i wouldnt hesitate to make a bad to the bone coh from it. it would have about 1360 def!!

HardyTarget

Diabloii.Net Member
If you aren't that rich, you could try making a stone in it.
I've found only one eth sacred on season 2 so far, they're pretty rare.
Made a fortitude in it ~ 2600 def.
With the "chilling armor trigger" the defense rises up to 10k if you have a good helm, pretty nice.
The str req is too much for most mercs but you can ease it by getting a helm with ~ 20+ str.
Cheers.

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Sharaz said:
ive made a few chains of honor runewords for mercs from ethereal armors. with an 800 def sacred, i wouldnt hesitate to make a bad to the bone coh from it. it would have about 1360 def!!
or a 2560+ to 2880+ stone! Oh.... how my Zealots blessed aim merc would love one of those.

Pherdnut

Diabloii.Net Member
Yeah I'd rather have the crazy Def on a merc unless I wanted the +2 all for an act 2 merc aura. CoH's resists are overkill for a merc. You might want to check the Merc FAQ in the strategy compendium. I don't think their strength gets that high until really high levels if at all so you will need other strength enhancing gear.

CameronFoster

Diabloii.Net Member
Eth Andy + Eth Sacred Coh = Pwnage.

Max Res
Dr
Huge LL
Skills
Very High Def
Andy gives Huge Str

Plus you can socket whatever you want in the Andy (No need for a Ral.)

~Cf

sorcyone

Banned
CameronFoster said:
Eth Andy + Eth Sacred Coh = Pwnage.

Max Res
Dr
Huge LL
Skills
Very High Def
Andy gives Huge Str

Plus you can socket whatever you want in the Andy (No need for a Ral.)

~Cf
OMG I forgot about Andy's Visage. I have been using 12% Crown of Thieves to wield Insight eth Col Voulge. Andy's is much better.

BTW Doesn't CoH only give +70% Def ? I would rate that CoH as average def. Many uniques get much better defense than that without even being eth.

bartekwoda

Diabloii.Net Member
Hehe, once during a baal run I found a perfect 15% sup ethereal sacred armor - already with 4 sockets. It has 1036 base defense, which is the highest defense that a non-magical armor can have. I made a fortitude in it - my merc is using it now.