What to do at work other than work?

tsangd

Diabloii.Net Member
What to do at work other than work?

First off, i just want to thank the forum and all the forum contributors. Not only have you guys created a friendly and witty environment, but more importantly, have given me something to do while I'm at work. Which leads to my question: what is there to do at work other than work? I can't tell you how painful it is staring at the computer doing autocad all day. I personally don't do much except browse this forum and occasionally checking my fantasy sports teams.

Rolland

Diabloii.Net Member
I have moments of downtime through out my day...normally only for a few minutes here and there. Durring that time I check e-mail and a few sites that I keep tabs on.

And I agree, this is a very nice community here, glad I found my way back!

:)

kobold

Banned
Apparently Susan-sniffing is the in thing to do, and it has the added bonus of providing thread making material. :thumbsup:

Do you have a Susan to sniff at your office?

kobold said:
Apparently Susan-sniffing is the in thing to do, and it has the added bonus of providing thread making material. :thumbsup:

Honestly, if you ever had the oppotunity to sniff the susan at Ski's office you would choose not too.

If I'm not actually working, I watch Blue's Clue's, Franklin or The Backyardigans, build with some big lego blocks, and take several trips to the potty. . .with my nearly 2 yr old daughter, otherwise I come in here and see who will flirt with me and who I tick off with out actually meaning to. I work at home:grin:

kobold

Banned
HockeyChic said:
Honestly, if you ever had the oppotunity to sniff the susan at Ski's office you would choose not too.
Heh, I was waiting to see if that would get a rise out of one of you.
If I'm not actually working, I watch Blue's Clue's, Franklin or The Backyardigans, build with some big lego blocks
Of those options, I prefer the building with blocks with my girls. I'm glad you didn't say Barney, or worse: Teletubbies.
otherwise I come in here and see who will flirt with me
You don't seem to have a problem with takers on that one... :wink3: :cloud9:

I work at home:grin:
Very cool. What do you do HC? Although sometimes I think she wishes she weren't at home, I am very grateful my wife is home with our kids.

skihard

Banned
kobold said:

*checks kobold into next freaking week* Hum not far enough *checks him again for good meassure*

what the heck is goo me***ure? Methinks that's not a typo.
Hmmm... skihard is busy checking out kobold...

Hey HC, bring your kid over, while they have a play date we can have one too :wink2: :wink: :wink2:

tsangd said:
Which leads to my question: what is there to do at work other than work? I can't tell you how painful it is staring at the computer doing autocad all day.
You're looking at it. The OTF, a few blogs and fark.com
That aside, WHOOHOO ANOTHER CAD JOCKEY! That makes what, five of us now? :thumbsup:

skihard

Banned
how many times I have to say it Smeg Autocad is a childs program and only has "cad" on the end to make it's users feel better about themselves. A real CAD program doesn't need to put those 3 letters in it's name.

Funny, like your face lol
(ok time to put an end to that silliness, tosses puppies of terror at whoever started it)

You're just jealous because, um... er... I... ohnevermindgodoyour3Dstuff ~runs off crying~

Ariadne

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm, I work at work. I enjoy it, so well.
When I run out of things to do, I read books that are at work (nice part of being an assistent librarian I suppose)

Hmm, lets see. I work (when not at school) for a guvrnmint contractor, packaging stuff for the military. Here's what my schedule looks like:

7:00 Clock in
7:01-7:30 Go to the computer in the stockroom, surf the internet
7:30-9:00 Work slowly
9:00-9:20 "Drop the kids off at the pool"
See boss/owner 9:20-10:00 Work really fast
10:00-10:15 Break time
10:15-10:30 Wander up to the offices in the front, talk to the pretty ladies.
Work until lunch when I wander back from up front
(We get payed for the first half hour of lunch)
Clock in at 12:30, go and sit on the computer until 1:00
Work some more, visit the bathroom again, go flirt with the ladies again, clock out at 3:00

You see, I've got it down to a science.

Floral

Diabloii.Net Member
you guys are a disgrace to society!

me? if you add the time up i problably spend a good many hours standing around daydreaming and chewing a chewinggum :girly: its not that bad really^^

Carnage-DVS

Diabloii.Net Member
Usually play web based games like utopia or earth 2025. Nice time wasters, although lately, I've been playing a lot more of utopia at home.