What to do agains physical and magic immunes?

CaimDark

Diabloii.Net Member
What to do agains physical and magic immunes?

I play a WW barb, and just like everybody, use berserk to dispatch those pesky physical immunes. But sometimes (very rarely, but I've seen 2 or 3 times) a monster spawns with magic AND physical immunity. So what the heck do I do? Can I ever kill it? Right now my only "tactic" for these situations is a good old "strategic retreat...":cry:

BurntWaffle

Diabloii.Net Member
i believe he said "physical AND (being the key word) magic immune"
Now i dont have this problem because i use full IK and have HUGE elemental damage. But my suggestion is leave them alone unless you have to kill them.

Eilo Rytyj

Diabloii.Net Member
MeGs said:
Berserk kills physical immumes
He said physical AND magic immunes.

Berserk is magic damage, you wont hurt them with it. Sadly, i think you'll have to go with good ol' elemental damage for those beasties. Whirlwind with 2 Gimmershreds (218-483 fire, 29-501 light, 176-397 cold) is probably the best way you'll deal with the issue, otherwise weapons like Baranar's (1-200 fire/light/cold), "Famine" runeword (50-200 fire/cold, 51-250 light), Azurewrath (250-500 cold, Sanctuary negates undead PI), Stormlash (1-473 light, ctc Static field), Frostwind (237-486 cold), Nord's (205-455 cold).

Try to get the Gimmers ethereal, for the extra damage to those non-PIs that might be in the crowd.

CaimDark

Diabloii.Net Member
I see, I'd have to go hunting for an extra weapon on switch for these occasions.
Oh well, it's not worth the trouble. My barb is already patriarch, and I use him now just for MF, dueling and the ocasional party with friends. If I do run across another one of those, I'll just leave it alone.
Anyways, thanks for the advice. I will remember it when or if I decide to start another barb and these dual immunes suddenly decide to show up every 20 minutes...

lagalot

Diabloii.Net Member
Reapers toll on your merc would work 33% ctc decrep would break the phys immune allowing you to kill at your pleasure:smiley:

sirwhere

Diabloii.Net Member
1. You just zip-past that monster.

2. If you got pissed and REALLY want to kill it, use dual gimmershreds and a +1 dbl throw baba helm.

jakotaco

Diabloii.Net Member
I think Lagalot got it there, a simple curse.

Amplify dmg = -100% physical res
Decrepify = -50% physical res

So an item with a source of any of these should work just fine... Atma's Scarab, Lacerator axe, Gavel of Pain, Reaper's Toll... Also the aura (Lawbringer/Azurewrath) thing is good as many of these immunes are undead