Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What the *#$%@*!

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by SDK, May 20, 2005.

1. SDK

SDK IncGamers Member

What the *#$%@*!

So i'm trying to trade a newly found hoz last night for a mal in a labelled game (187hoz4mal). In comes a guy, plops his mal into the trade window, i plop in the hoz. Then there's a pause, i assume lag on his part, no then he removes the mal. I wait, he puts the mal back in, removes it then puts it in again. I'm ready to start cursing him for trying to get me to fall for that trick when i decide to give him the benefit of the doubt and simply press "?". He says, "nvm, i've got better" (which is why he joined a game clearly labelled), i just reply "k" and get to mfing, waiting for someone else to enter. He sticks around for awhile, then after a couple minutes i get this from him: "Warning, don't trade with "***", i'm using tradehack". I can't remember if it said "he's using" or "im using", but it was an ingame mes from him in different colors (yellow, red). I type what the hell? He says he's experimenting with the colors or something, then leaves. I leave soon after expecting my hoz to vanish, no it's still there. :rant: :rant: :rant:

I've played for a couple years but remain inexperienced with hack programs and the like (mama told me not to cheat when playin games). Should i beware of someone like this able to hack my stuff in a trade window (i know the subject of hacks is a no go issue, im just asking to protect myself). I'm tempted to post his account just to "out" this miserable creature, but i suppose that's not allowed on this forum.

What was this *ssh*l* up to? Makes me want to go back to 1p, now that i've discovered Atma (thank you Doc :worship: )

2. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

there are trade hacks. best thing to do if someone acts suspicious is quit the game immediately. also, if they quit the trade window than ask you to trade again, don't. there's a hack that clicking ok to open the trade window actually oks the trade.

3. 380 Realm

380 Realm IncGamers Member

If I'm in a trade and he moves an item, usually it's to make room for another item. But if he moves it more than once without doing anything else, suspicion kicks in and I leave. But that's just me...

4. HardyTarget

HardyTarget IncGamers Member

I doubt hacks like that work on anyone unless you've installed some 3rd party programs on your computer or you have a trojan etc.
    At least I've never heard anyone getting scammed that way with legit play.
    It's always those who offer maphack for items or cdkeys (or for free) and send it to you on msn etc. Those files most likely have some sort of backdoor in them.

5. Sharaz

Sharaz IncGamers Member

when someone starts with that annoying in/out/in/out/in/out tradewindow behavior, i just esc and refure to trade with them. along with suspicious, its annoying. im never in a hurry to trade anyway... soon they will leave, and someone who is ready to do business will arrive, and youll have something you want instead of something your offering for trade. :)