Latest Diablo 3 News
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what the meaning Piercing Attack (100)? and other questions

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by yxx, Jun 10, 2005.

1. yxx

yxx Diabloii.Net Member

what the meaning Piercing Attack (100)? and other questions

1. A croosbow has Piercing Attack (100), so you have 100% chance for piercing attack?

2. Freezes Target +3. I think the weapon will freeze target, but what +3 mean?

3. 196 Cold Damge over 8 second duration. Is this cold damge just like poison, about 24 damge per second?

4. For Barb using two weapons, if one weapon has increase attack speed, good for the second weapon?

Thanks

2. Rehsa

Rehsa Diabloii.Net Member

if any item has the "peircing attack" on it... then the item gives you 33% chance to peicing attack. they do stack, thus if you have a bow, helm and belt that gives it, you have 99% chance of peicing.

amazons skill for peicing is added onto the peicing attack %

i believe the +3 or thoings means for how long. so if you hit a monst,er the +3 is 3 seconds, i am not sure though.

the cold damage duritation is the time that they appear blue/cold. the full damage is dealt right away, as can be seen if you hit something that cannot be frozen, but they DO take the damage... at least that's been my expirience. they are slow moving for the 8 seconds.

4... no clue, don't have a barb.

3. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle Diabloii.Net Member

The +3 is used to increase the chance of the target being frozen. The chance to freeze a target depends on your level, the monster level, the freezes target amount, and any special property the monster has to resist freezing.

No. It's 196 damage all at once, and then 8 seconds of the monster being slowed (and blue). This time is halved in nightmare and quartered in Hell.

No. Properties on weapon 1 do not help weapon 2 and vice versa.

4. Oscuro

Oscuro Diabloii.Net Site Pal

The amount of piercing varies according to the item; one item that comes to mind is the Buriza, which does indeed have 100% piercing. Another is Kuko Shakaku, which has 33% piercing (IIRC).