Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What the ...? Huge painful charged strike?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Quietus, Nov 4, 2006.

1. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

What the ...? Huge painful charged strike?

Okay, this one I don't get. I know that farcast exists, and lame as it is, I can normally deal with it. However, I didn't ever expect THIS... I was dueling earlier with my 2400 vanquisher (hybrid smite/hammer, and yes I know his life is a little low, I need to finish leveling him), and this farcast CS zon came in and kicked the crap out of me.

That in itself... well, it sucks, but whatever. What I don't get is how, after equipping chains of honor and wizardspike (I have max light resistance without these, so this is just stacking 140 resist on top), she could STILL one-hit kill me every single time. That seems a bit stupidly ridiculous to me - I don't think that even with my low life, she should've been one-hitting me at all. Maybe two, but DEFINATELY not one... am I wrong here?

2. jsyou

jsyou Banned

maybe your resist is not max after anya bug or maybe he got alot of -res or maybe you had convic or lr on you

3. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

-20% monarch.
    -20% griffs
    -15% t-strokes
    -20% armor (maybe... not all people like these)

pretty much renders ur res useless. (also, 20+ 7k charged bolts are nothing against 75 res. -.-

4. edgie

edgie IncGamers Member

Did he have a merc alive? infinity?

5. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

My resist is max after anya bug, and I stacked another 140% on after that. I had no conviction or lower resist on me, so I KNOW that even with the max -res they could have, I was still packing 75%. Also, Bobo - how exactly do you get 20 7k damage charged bolts? I've never heard of a CS zon with that many.

6. jsyou

jsyou Banned

20 charge bolts is impossible. and getting 1hit ko by cs is impossible too if you got max resist so i dont know

7. bobofuzzlymunky

the 7k is very viable but i just did calculations and came up with 11 charged bolts... idk i remember playing with eroc and him saying how many he had being close to 20. sorry >_< im a nub. with your listed res and the gear I listed youd have 70% too (sorry, nitpicking)

edit- also to the guy above me. yes it is. figuring 11 3k charged bolts= 33k. counting the 75ares= 8250 dmg. (i believe).... also, those cute little javs do physical dmg too. my hdin gets pk'd by really good fc zons in 1-2 hits. he has 3k health and 75ares. -.-

8. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

It's possible. Gcs, and other +skills boost it up quite a bit.

9. jsyou

jsyou Banned

he said 20 charge bolts which is not possible in anyway or form unless its on open bnet, but 7k dmg is easy enough to get

10. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Oh, 20 bolts...

Probably an exageration

11. Uchiha Sasuke

Uchiha Sasuke Banned

Sorb would sorb the attack "20" times because each bolt hits seperatly.

12. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Well, I just ran it through a skill calc, and with all synergies maxed it'd have 13 7.8k damage bolts. Average damage/bolt = 3.9k damage. THat's 650 pvp damage. After my resists eat some of that, that's 162 damage on average. An average hit should do 2,112 or so damage to me - I shouldn't have been one hit killed EVERY time. Just annoying. >.<

::Edit:: just ran some more calculations on this - if I drop my arach for a tgod's, and put on magefists/trangs, then I'd cut the damage down to 57.5 pvp per bolt after the absorb. That's... a little more survivable. A little. That's still an average of 747 pvp damage.

13. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

A good setup can yield more like 12k dmg, 12 bolts. That's about 3k avg PvP after 75%res, or about 1.4k after 85% res and 20 absorb. With something like Charged Strike where there are as many damage rolls per hit as there are bolts, you have a very good chance of doing consistent damage even though the listed damage range is very large (in order to do erratic damage you'd have to roll very high or very low on most of the bolts, which doesn't happen very often).

All you had to do was pop on the ole TGod's. :tongue:

14. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Except that I don't carry tgods with me yet... I've been more worried about leveling this guy. >.< I'll also be putting a wisp on him as well, though, even though doing so will drop me to the 75 fast cast breakpoint - but at that rate I might as well use two wisps, keep drac's, and wear tgods. Let's see them smack me around then! :tongue:

15. bobofuzzlymunky

why not just avoid dueling them instead of wrecking a character -.-

16. Von Lazuli

Von Lazuli IncGamers Member

Hey... by using Farcast they cannot say anything against absorb... Although it is amusing when they complain about it.

And about 10k 12 Bolts is possible from a good zon... so that means about 1k PvP damage assuming they all hit and you are wearing Tgods.

Eh... trap stun for the win...

Laz

17. akybo

akybo Banned

I've seen in a PvP movie a zon with farcast,how is this posible?A trick or something?

18. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Yeah, I don't think it's bm when you full sorb a FC zon. Blackhorns, Tgods, 2 wisps... should put them in their place.

1-12000 bolt = 6000 avg
    = 1000 pvp dmg
    = 150 @ 85% res
    = 30 after wisp sorb
    = healed after tgods+blackhorns 40 straight sorb.
    x12 bolts = plenty healed.

You can then school them about the use of haxxorz.

19. WhiteAlien

WhiteAlien Banned

There is another treatment vs them: Kiaras + Guardians + T-Gods + Wisp = 95% light res with sorb :laugh:

Otherwise there is some CS zones who push for negative resistances: Thunderstroke (-15%) + Griffon's with facet (-25%) + facet Monarch (-20%) + facet armor (-20%) = -80% total light resistances

20. Ce Olba

Ce Olba Banned

You are pretty off your chair.

1-12000 averages at 6000.5. That's 1020.085 after PvP penalty. After 85% resistances, that's 153.01275 damage. After dual wisps, that would be 91.80765 damage done on first hit,55.08459 on the following ones. With -40 from TGod's, that ends up as 51.80765 on the first hit and 15.08459 on the following ones. With Blackhorns, those numbers would be 11.80765 on first hit, -24.91541 on the following ones (aka healed). So, you would take damage like this:

1. -11 lost
    2: full
    3: 11 lost
    4: full

etc..

So in the end you would never really die.

However, I have to say that I would never waste my time with people who need to absorb to win over a simple bug. Or did you refuse to duel marrowbugged necros back in 1.10? What about Fury/Rabies druids back then, abusing the carrion bug?