What the HELL happened to the forums?

guspasho

Diabloii.Net Member
What the HELL happened to the forums?

I log in and try to do a search for all my posts and they're all gone! So much for catching up on old threads. I try to scan back in the thread list and all the posts are gone! What is with this Big Brother Memory Hole ****?!?!?!

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
Don't read the sticky thread at the top of every forum in here; it has information and stuff in it. :p

guspasho

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
Don't read the sticky thread at the top of every forum in here; it has information and stuff in it. :p
I checked again just in case and I don't see any stickies that weren't there before.

edit: AND they are now all empty.

Come on people, why is it so hard for this one site to run a forum? Every other place I'm aware of they don't have this sort of problem every 3-6 months.

Underseer

Diabloii.Net Member
Then post at those other places and not here. It's not like you're being forced at gunpoint to stay and there are plenty of fine message boards out there.

guspasho

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
Yes but nothing I knew before.

Ok we have had a major problem with the forums today, effectively what has happened is the posts inside threads are now gone.
Already noticed that.

The DB table decided to delete itself earlier and the backup was corrupt.
It's truly amazing how willful these newfangled technological things can be!

We apologise for this and any inconvenience this has caused. These thins unfortunately happen from time to time and are unavoidable no matter what measures you take.
I've also noticed that.

You can now post with no problems.
And I've noticed that.

So, Durf, I agree that it has "stuff" I still can't find the "information".

Ash Housewares

Diabloii.Net Member
guspasho said:
Yes but nothing I knew before.

Already noticed that.

It's truly amazing how willful these newfangled technological things can be!

I've also noticed that.

And I've noticed that.

So, Durf, I agree that it has "stuff" I still can't find the "information".
so then why are you asking if you already know? shut up, some of us are trying to watch the movie

guspasho

Diabloii.Net Member
Because I don't know really - that was sarcasm, and you aren't trying to watch a movie or you wouldn't be here.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
I dunno . . . I thought that was the kind of info you wanted. If you already knew that and you want more, I guess you could email Rush and ask what kind of database foolishness goes on at the hosting company.

EDIT: My god, I just realized we will never be able to read Sehpiroth's posts again

BasTyra

Diabloii.Net Member
Durf, I still can't get over your bloody avatar. It makes me want to laugh and cry all at once.

guspasho

Diabloii.Net Member
bas you all are lucky they won't let me have an avatar of 120x120 or I'd turn into Karate Snoopy and kick all your asses!

(Karate Snoopy does not render well enough at 75x75 to kick any *** :( )

DurfBarian said:
EDIT: My god, I just realized we will never be able to read Sehpiroth's posts again

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO WHY GOD WHY!!?!!???!!

What have we done to deserve such horrible punishment?

Savage

Diabloii.Net Member
BasTyra said:
Durf, I still can't get over your bloody avatar. It makes me want to laugh and cry all at once.
Wow, I just realised what it is. That is rather... odd.