Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What the (expletive deleted) killed me?

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Dubiousmeans, Feb 23, 2004.

1. Dubiousmeans

Dubiousmeans IncGamers Member

What the (expletive deleted) killed me?

I was doing a Hell Pit run with my 87 summon necro wearing Guardian Angel armor with 90% resists to all. My necro had bone armor on with about 600 def. I also had about 1500 life and 1500 def otherwise. I had my skellies out with my might merc screening for me when I ran into a pack of those spear chicks. One was unique but I didn't get a chance to see her. I decripped as usual then WHAM!, the deeds! It was that fast! I'd run the pits about 100 times prior to that with no other problems. I know bone spears bypass my defenses in A5 but I was not aware of anything else that can deal out such quick dammage - especially in the Pits. I'd appreciate any insight on this. My plan is to recreate a MF necro but I need to know what to guard against.

2. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

How was your ping rate? Sounds like it may have been lag. Not sure though.

TM

3. Cleglaw_Himself

Cleglaw_Himself IncGamers Member

My worst enemies - the might enchanted Dark Archers. With other ugly mods thrown in. They pwn all if they hit.

They murdered my last reincarnation of my trapsin in 2 hits. First hit took about 800 life. Merc died 1 hit, shadow master died 1 hit, then me.

As a result, my latest incarnation only does pit runs with full bo from now on.

4. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

Yeah, i'll bet it was might or fanatic archers, or even stacked auras. Was this pit lvl2?

5. Pain

Pain Diablo: IncGamers Member

I concur...I lost an 82 Necro in the Pits to a Dark Archer boss that had nasty stats (can't recall exact stats right now). If they getto the side of your pack somehow, it's game-over. You might have been lagging if you saw nothing at all.

OR you could have gotten caught in a combined FE/CE death explosion while under a bad aura.

6. Dubiousmeans

Hmmm, dont know the ping rate but I use DSL and I've never really had a lag problem look like this. It was just too fast. Maybe the dark archer theory is possible, just wish I could have seen her.

7. terrymanning

terrymanning IncGamers Member

Everyone is right about the archers. For that matter, any ranged attacker with Might and especially the Fanaticism aura can be a quick death.

TM

8. killerxbabe

killerxbabe IncGamers Member

I'm betting he got nailed in level 2. Lotta nasties in there sometimes. I usually stay pretty far back from the short stairs outside the alcove to the entrance, spam bonewall at the short passage coming in from the east to secure my flank, then start going crazy with curses, spear and CE on the stairs to calm things down. If i get a chance i try and snipe any nasty bosses that are hiding in the mess of monsters down on the killing floor beneath the stairs. It can get pretty crazy. Several times my skellies have gotten clobbered before i could get control of the battle. It's fun down there but wicked dangerous. If I start seeing my skellies go down I back off to lvl1 and regroup. If i remember right i think I've gotten injured from spectral hit in there as well. Spectral Hit with bad mods is a pretty scary thought.

9. Dubiousmeans

You're right about lvl 2 but I was still in lvl 1. Guess I'm just gonna have to be more careful and go a little slower.

10. marcotara

marcotara IncGamers Member

Also a friend of mine (lvl78 sorceress w maxed res) died in the pits... i was there, he entered the pits be4 me and i've seen death message. I was w lvl 79 javazon, entered the pits, and just seen my life falling down... i had about 1300 life, and i think in two shots life went down to 100 or so... do drink full rej pot and went out, called my friend that came in w necro. revived some army, entered the pit and there was three unique archers, 1 w fanaticism and the other w might. Couldn't see other stats, but if they have aura and spectral hit u'd better run :) Finally we got them, but i think that those ****ing archers can kill almost everyone and everything.