Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Stats?

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by whiteknight0916, Feb 27, 2004.

1. whiteknight0916

whiteknight0916 IncGamers Member

What Stats?

Hi. This is a very general question. What stats are best for a Sorceress? I know from reading the guilds that you want Enough Str to ware equitment, enough Energy not to run out of Mana and eather everything else in Vitality or Dex to Max block and then Vitality. But if you don't know what gear you want what are some Numbers to shot for? Thanks

2. ranger03

ranger03 IncGamers Member

firstly, i aint an expert in sorc building so wat i say might not be true..
    if u dun know what gear u'll be donning, jus save ur pts...
    for my meteororb sorc, i managed to keep energy at base, maintain dex for max block. most goes into my vitality and at lvl87, i have 130 stats pts left.. this is in case i wanna use SS then i'll pump my pts into str.
    Reason why i dump into vitality is tat (read fr sm threads also) for each pt u put into vitality, only +2 life. might as well get some charms of vita to boosts ur life. Really up to u... my 2cents.. :flip:

3. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

stats without items for a sorc:

energy: base
    str: enough for (light) equipment. around 80 or so should do
    dex: base or enough for max block.
    vitality all that remains.

If you go for max block, get a shield with good block so that you dont need insane amounts of dex for it, also keep in mind the items you wear or are planning to wear. you should not be getting more than 150 dex or so at high levels.

the choise is max block or base dex. Read around on this forum and you will find many different oppinions. If you use wizzard spike and thus need 75 dex anyway, that might give you some extra reason to go for max block since you are halfway already anyway.

4. melianor

melianor D3 Wizard Moderator

Base energy is not always your choice, but in most builds. Some like Lightning builds or those relying on ES in combination with Telekinesis will need more mana, those with ES ALOT mana.

So if you are not using ES keep some statpoints undistributed so that you can add when necessary. if you dont seem to need more points you can always put them into VIT!

5. WackenOpenAir

WackenOpenAir IncGamers Member

yeah well, i have read about people doing it, and have thought about it, going all energy instead vitality an use tk + ES. But i think it would be certain dead against mana burners. And since i play hc, i dont like that :) I think if you are not going all the way with ES, you better not invest at energy at all.

For the ones who use many non timered spells, sure it might be handy. But i play hardcore, so my life is more important than the comfort of needed no mana potions.

Why does it matter if you use ES or not for saving statpoints?
    You dont need to save stat points before level 65-70. After that you can still get enough of them to decide to use a stormshield for example.