What spear or javs for spearazon?

warlordmkf

Diabloii.Net Member
What spear or javs for spearazon?

im in the process of making a light strike/charge strike spearazon (jab for light immunes) and im trying to figure out the best weapon for me to use. i have a 179% ed lycanders flank and a 186% ethereal titans. im not sure if these are the best choices for my build but im trying to figure out what is. i am non-ladder btw so i can't use some of those ladder only items.

thanks for any help.

AFBrat

Diabloii.Net Member
Those are fine to use, but either upgrade the Lycanders (if on Ladder) by the time you hit Hell Diff or use something like a +4 Arioc's needle. Personally, I use a +4 Thunderstroke for my Jav (I use it for Jab and LS) , but Titan's is the popular choice for Javazons who use LF (not me, and apparently not you either) since it replenishes. Thunderstroke works great for a LS zon, especially if you want something different.

jackobi

Diabloii.Net Member
the best javelin are etheral titans and the best spear for switch is etheral botd warpike :D its the best but expensive chose :p

warlordmkf

Diabloii.Net Member
thanks for the input. i have the runes to make a botd but im saving them till i can get a hold of an ethereal zerker axe for my pally (i can still dream). i also thought about just using the vex rune to make a hoto flail for my wind druid im making soon.

i guess ill use the ethereal titans with lycanders flank on switch. id also like to try out the ariocs needle though to see what that can do. also, if i use titans what shield would you suggest? storm? tiamats? whistans?

CronicTKY

Diabloii.Net Member
I recently created a Javazon myself. She probably has about 36 hours into her, but sadly she is only level 71. My equipment is as follows:

Weapon: Ethreal (168% E.D.) Titans/Lycanders (195% E.D.) Flank

Armor: Currently: " Lionheart " Archon/ Arkaine's Valor (Um)

Helm: Vampire Gaze (Um)

Gloves: Laying of Hands

Boots: War Travelers (29% MF)

Belt: Thundergod's Vigor

Shield: Tiamat's Rebuke (Perfect Diamond) (If you can afford Stormshield, by God use it!)

Amulet: Cat's Eye (At the moment)/ Mara's Kaleidoscope

Ring: Raven Frost/ Skull Grasp (Crafted ring)

Charms: Variety

Note: I own with my Javazon. This has been by far, the most fun and powerful build I've ever attempted! She is a LF/LS/CS Javazon. (Mainly LF)
I made her for PvM/PvP so everything else besides equipment is a secret. ;)
Good luck!

Note #2: Truthfully, with Ethreal Titans, Tiamat's Rebuke, and Jab you don't need the switch spear (Lycander's Flank) at all!

davew2040

Diabloii.Net Member
I would think the absolute best spear would be an BotD eth mat pike with +3 jav/spear skills. Did I mention I have several eth unsocketed mat pikes for trade? :)

det

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have a Lycanders and Titans, go ahaed - you are all set.

I am using a Demons Arch Balrog Spear (is this non ladder as well? Not sure). Its the only decent spear I have (present from a friend). But even before that, with a rare ceremonial jav, the CS/LS build worked like a charm

The_Worst

Diabloii.Net Member
Try Using a Passion Matriarch Pike (+3 jav) on switch. Berserk is awesome for few light/phys immunes. I do about 4K berserk dmg on my speary with a might merc. Also, you will be safe from IM while berserking