Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What sorc is the best PvM MF build

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by killjoyxlx, Sep 29, 2006.

1. killjoyxlx

killjoyxlx IncGamers Member

What sorc is the best PvM MF build

in 1.11 , what is best sorc build

2. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Blizzard or MeteorOrb. Both are great Meph Runners while MeteorOrb can bash Hell Andy (if u glitched her) up pretty good as well since she has negative fire resist.

Lightning Sorcs with Infinity merc is definitely the most powerful and EXPENSIVE sorc build around, she can do nearly every act with ease since all LI can be broken by Infinity's Conviction, and with high +skills and FCR she can spam so many CL that the enemy won't even know what hit em.

:jig:

3. killjoyxlx

well starting out as my first char...i dont think the odds of me geting an infi merc any time soon are hi...so would the mete/orb sorc be best...or still the cl/orb bc less creatures have both those res?

4. Noite Escura

Noite Escura IncGamers Member

For a first char I would recommend a dual tree build. Meteorb is the best for playing untwinked IMO(which is what you'll be probably doing).

5. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

Blizzballer is another great build though I haven't tried it out but it does look good.

6. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

has it even been a week since the last time we discussed this? I'd start by going back through the last few pages of threads to see similar answers to similar questions.

"Best" is unfortunatly to generic of a term. You will get some pretty subjective answers. All the standard builds are good, some are better than others for some tasks. This also largly depends on your available wealth.

In a game of unlimited wealth, I'd say lightning/infininty sorcs are best for all around playing and MFing. Second to that and much cheaper are meteorb and blizzballer. Other builds are more limited in scope or reduced effectivness, but both straight blizzard and FO/CL builds are also popular.

7. killjoyxlx

The main question is : which sorc has better survivability (including ability to kill mob fast...and run away)
    orb/CL or meta/orb

8. Thyiad

Thyiad Moderator Single Player, D2 Assassin, Barbarian

9. MageChick

MageChick IncGamers Member

surviveability is more determined by gear than skills (excluding ES which we aren't getting into).

If this is your first char and you want to build some wealth - use a meteorb or blizzballer. It's really a toss-up in between. I'm prefer the playstyle of meteorb, but blizzballer is just as effective. Either way, they use the exact same gear really.

10. RibGriller

RibGriller IncGamers Member

I've got a lvl 90 blizballer. She's gotten me like 99% of my uniques. They say Blizballers have better crowd control than MetOrbs because of Glacial Spike, and it's one extra non-timered spell to work with. Check it out... :wink3: