Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What socketable items give the best resistance?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by KuroiShuriken, May 2, 2005.

1. KuroiShuriken

KuroiShuriken IncGamers Member

What socketable items give the best resistance?

Hi, these may be somewhat nubbish questions, but I was wondering what the best items I could use to socket into my characters armor in order to give them resistance would be. My assasin (trap) for example, is lvl 80, wears nats full set (weapons are nats mark, bartucs and chaos) Shes really resistant to magic damage, but horrbile against physical and elemental damage, what could I socket into her gear in order to giver her better resist?

Also, my necro (summon/curse) is lvl 65, wears trang ouls full set, hes still in nightmare, and his resistances are all decent, but what can I socket to make them higher? Vex runes? Whats the best socketable items that add to resistance?

Also, what gloves give the highest resistance to all?

Any help would be really apreciated, thanks!

2. mhl12

mhl12 IncGamers Member

um runes for armor

and perfect diamonds for shields

3. Oscuro

Oscuro IncGamers Site Pal

For your assassin, try using the fade skill to reduce elemental and physical damage taken.

I've played a Trang's necromancer, and he had no problems with resistances, even in hell. I used a couple rings with ~10% resist all though.

4. jiansonz

jiansonz IncGamers Member

Um is too expensive for me. I use Ral/Ort/Thul or Resist All jewels in armor/helm, and perfect diamonds in shields.

In the case where I really only need one resistance, I may consider a perfect Ruby/Topaz/Sapphire in a shield. They give as much as 40%.

5. Ash Housewares

Ash Housewares IncGamers Member

most of the time you're probably still better off, budget wise, to pdiamond the shield and put ral/ort/tal/thul in your armor, gives better flexibility anyways

6. SeDnA

SeDnA IncGamers Member

By the way I play West Ladder. Also, you sound rich (Chaos), so some suggestions would be charms.

IMHO ditch Nat's set and Chaos(Trapper?)? Wear Kira's with IAS jewel, Vipermagi/CoH, shopped claws with res jewels, rare gloves with resists, rare boots with resists. It would be good if you actually post all your gear here so we could see if we could do anything to help with your ammy/ring.

Don't wear full trangs. They affect your FCR. IMHO(again) get...

White(Dol+Io)
    Homunculus with Pdiamond
    Trang Claws (FCR, Cold Resist)
    ViperMagi
    Arachnids
    Um'd Shako