What skills does a PvP Fire Sorc get? What equipment? ifra

DeDaDe

Diabloii.Net Member
What skills does a PvP Fire Sorc get? What equipment?

What skills does a PvP Fire Sorc get? What equipment is best? I don't see any fire pvp guides anywhere, so I have to ask. Any help?

mhl12

Diabloii.Net Member
pure fire build:

max:
fireball
meteor
firebolt
fire mastery

1 pt in teleport and prerequists

best gear:
shako or rare sorc circulet with fcr and resists
p fire escutchas, socketed with 5/5 fire facet
p spirit shield if your on ladder. nonladder go for lidless
magefists
arachnid mesh belt
perfect skin of the vipermagi
waterwalk boots or silkweaves
rising sun amulet or maras
sojs or fcr rare rings
anni,
plus some fire skillers

DeDaDe

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, thanks for that. What about a Fire/ES PvP build? Are they any good, or is a pure fire build better? That is my last question. :thumbsup:

RetroStar

Diabloii.Net Member
200%FCR FBers are really good.

I've tried both pure FB sorc and ES FB sorc and I find ultilizing ES makes too much of a fuss. If I'm remaking my PvP Fire Sorc. I'm gonna with with no ES this time.

slynth

Diabloii.Net Member
helm: 2/20 sorc circ - 20
armor: vipermagi - 30
weapon: Wizard Spike
shield: Spirit - 35
ring: fcr ring - 10
amu: 2/20 crafted ammy - 20
gloves: Magefist - 25
boot: wha-evah:D

Raistlin_Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
slynth said:
helm: 2/20 sorc circ - 20
armor: vipermagi - 30
weapon: Wizard Spike
shield: Spirit - 35
amu: 2/20 crafted ammy - 20
gloves: Magefist - 25
boot: wha-evah:D

Magefist is only 20 fcr BUT you left out Belt: Arachnid - 20 ;)
So you can get to 215 fcr. As you "only" need 200 you are getting some options.
a) you don't NEED perfect amu and / or spirit (on NL you can even go lidless)
b) you can ditch 1 fcr ring a get a soj
c) Use Eschuta instead of wizard spike (best option for damage)

On a sidenote: If you go for energy shield (which CAN be a good option but you need good gear) dont put any points in energy shield (takes too many pre-reqs). Instead pump telekinesis and cast ES from a memory staff.

DeDaDe

Diabloii.Net Member
Alright, thanks for the help everyone. I am going to go the pure fire build and get 200 FCR. But... one last question, I promise, where do I put my stats at? I know that I get just enough for my gear as far as Str and Dex goes, but what about Vit and Energy? I am not going with ES, so do I leave energy at base? Thanks!

aZNx05J3

Diabloii.Net Member
An ES/FB Sorc can take a much greater beating than a normal Vit one can...it's also the ultimate Nec-Killer!

Anyhow, it might be a big fuss but if you go ES/Light instead (Which is like the same gear), you won't need to have a big fuss at all. Just stick on a Memory for prebuff and you're ready.

slynth

Diabloii.Net Member
I'd say as you level, once you get the STR/DEX you know you'll need, pump vita but keep around 40 points unspent until you get to the level you pan to stop leveling up at (say 85). Then, put points into energy until you get 400-500 mana and put the rest into vita.

Raistlin_Majere

Diabloii.Net Member
DeDaDe said:
Alright, thanks for the help everyone. I am going to go the pure fire build and get 200 FCR. But... one last question, I promise, where do I put my stats at? I know that I get just enough for my gear as far as Str and Dex goes, but what about Vit and Energy? I am not going with ES, so do I leave energy at base? Thanks!
When not going with ES I'd say you should leave energy at base. When going for 200 fcr max block is out of the question (lidless and spirit have bad block) so you can leave dex at base as well (unless you plan to use wizard spike - then you might need a bit). Spirit (monarch) requires 156 strength which is ... a lot. Try to get some from your gear (amu, headgear, rings, charms).

Your remaining skill points could go either to teleport or warmth (there's a guide that explains which you should use in one of the stickies).

DeDaDe

Diabloii.Net Member
Hey everyone, so far the pure fire build is coming along very nicely. After doing some tests with FCR, I don't really want to have 200 FCR; it's too fast for my taste. :lol: Anyways, since I am not going the path of 200 FCR, I figure I should go for max block. This would mean that the shield I need is Whistan's Guard right? How much dex would a Sorc need for max block, using Whistan's Guard? Thanks!