Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What shouldi get besides valk?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by vexer, Mar 28, 2005.

1. vexer

vexer IncGamers Member

What shouldi get besides valk?

hi im a lightning javazon and i was wondering should i put my spare points into pierce...the reason i ask is because i play with my friend who is a barb...the only time im playing actual quests is with him...other then that i cow....so i really have no need for a valk...and if i should get pierce...i have a question about that if the jav goes through 1 cow and hits another does it release another 20 lightning bolts? thx

2. distancepieman

distancepieman IncGamers Member

It would probably help out a bit if you posted gear, and what you have for used skill points thus far. If you're using a razortail, then you won't need to invest as much in pierce. How about your passive skills? What do you have for d/a/e? Given this information, you will get much better feedback.
    Depending on what level you are, and if you are planning on going full lighting or not would be good too. I've got a lighting/poison hybrid that does pretty well for herself, and it's not even a fully synergized plague javelin. There are lots of paths to follow.

~Bails

3. vexer

vexer IncGamers Member

ok sorry...im going full lightning, im only lvl 46atm but i plan on using the gear listed in jeks lightning zon guide, im shooting for 12/7/12 in d/a/e

4. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

If your initial lightning javelin pierces a cow and hits another then it will release an additional 20 lightning bolts....that's why Lightning Fury is such a good cow(mob) killer. If you're only doing cows then I'd recommend getting Pierce as high as possible, also Razortail would probably be your belt of choice, since it adds huge Pierce.

1 point in Valk can't hurt that much...if you want to play alone she is very valuable, and with a couple of +skills she'll do okay. I'm not sure if putting points in synergies is worth it with the measly 1% increase but putting points in Charged Strike would be cool. Its an awesome boss/single target killer.

Also be sure to get some -%enemy lightning resists as that will help a lot when doing cows (griffons eye).

5. vexer

vexer IncGamers Member

thanks alot for your help chimaira!