Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what should I use to socket?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by LMRTie, Mar 16, 2004.

1. LMRTie

LMRTie IncGamers Member

what should I use to socket?

I have a lvl 81 bowazon, wich uses guided and multiarrow. When playing in hell, I cant kill the immune to physical monsters. So i want to socket a buriza, I got the questreward from larzuk, so the socketing part wont be a problem.

I dont know what to use in the socket. A perfect gem, ok but are there other things I should use? Let me know

LMR

2. warlock_666

warlock_666 IncGamers Member

tbh a perfect gem wont be enough damage. Id suggest using either freeze arrow or imolation arrow. or just get a hellrack and stick it on your weapon switch.

3. Burnt_toasty

Burnt_toasty IncGamers Member

I think your best option is to go with what you got and just play smarter. I know it sounds a tiny bit anal of me but what I mean is you should really do some basic research into your build archi-type. You are a bowazon. So your gonna want the most powerful bow possible. That usually means avg dmg over time. You never indicated your gear setup so its kinda hard to give advice. One thing I always say is if your asking for advice, give us the most info on your character as possible. So instead of specific great advice tailored to your bowazon, you are gonna get watered down general advice.

Skill:
    If you research your bowazon a tiny bit more. Youd realize that your elemental skills convert a percentage of physical dmg into that branches elemtal dmg. Therefore with the proper setup, you could kill physical immune guys with some skill investment points into either fire/cold or both. Of course the percentage dmg converted to elemtal is based on the skill level. However say you deal 1500 dmg on multi shot. Say you get 10% converted to cold, thats 150 dmg cold you get. Its actaully more but because it adds dmg and you dont get penalty to dmg like multi. But since I have no gear info from you how could I come up with figures for you?

Items
    Atmas Amulet or Martel de Fer. At first glance you may wonder why but AMP dmg curse negates immunity to physical. The amulet has a chance to cast the curse. The martel de fer is a 2 hander mace which has charged AMP dmg. So if your impatient or have a better ammy then use the Martel De fer. There are other items of worth but I think IMO the ATMAs ammy is a keeper. There isnt much that beats it. Some may argue that a Mara's or Highlords or Crecent Moon is better. However, each ammy is dependant on overal gear setup. Since you have not included that, the general consenus would be go Atmas Amulet. Its affordable to get too.

Mercs
    Read up on it. No need for me to regurgiatate the info. The weakest option of all the suggestions. Why? Simple, your a bowazon who fires, retreats fires again sometimes. In this cases your merc will undoubtably get slaughtered unless your gear setup can help him. Like say your using slow, kinckback, etc... gear. However, since you didnt include that info the general advice is its not as reliable as the 2 tips above.

p.s. Get my drift? Want the best possible advice give the best possible info. Thanks hope I helped.

edit: I jsut realized I went on a rant and didnt give you a precise answer. The problem is we cant. You see you forgot to give us your gear info. the GENERAL advice would be a shael. Why? The buriza starts slow compared to a bow and therefore fires slow. Your gonna want to speed up the attack. Research the breakpoints for the attack rate for a buriza in the amzon forum. Word of advice, when weapons have "fast attack" description its not accurate. Its fancy description which makes no bearing on how fast you attack. The desciptions are misleading. ASk more about it ina different thread if you want

4. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Well TMR a Shael rune is worth strong consideraton. Your Buriza is at the 70% speed breakpoint already as it has a natural 80% built in. The next breakpoint in speed to reach is 95% and a Shael will get you there. You'll gain a full frame in normal attack and half a frame in strafe attack. It's next breakpoint is 138%, you'll need to equip to get there. Another excellent choice and the one I use is a Nef rune for knockback. It's often been said that the Nef rune is a Bowazon's best friend. They can't hit you if they can't get to you.

GB