What should I socket this with?

dokhogg

Diabloii.Net Member
What should I socket this with?

I got this on the giveaway thread, and I not sure what the best way to socket it would be.

Black Hades
Chaos Armor
Defense: 977
Durability: 39 of 70
Required Strength: 140
Required Level: 53
Item Version: 1.10 Expansion
Item Level: 87
Fingerprint: 0x3aae1917
+185% Enhanced Defense
-2 to Light Radius
Half Freeze Duration
50% Damage to Demons
+203 to Attack Rating against Demons
Socketed (3: 0 used)

Its unique so I can't make a runeword with it. I am a level 59 Barb, mainly just a straight up melee fighter getting ready to do Baal NM. Any good suggestions?

dok

Spook_Cell

Diabloii.Net Member
Well some cheap possibilities would be 3 PRubies for some over +100 life or Ral/Ort/Thul for 30% lit/cold/fire resist and you could always put PTopazs if you plan on mfing with it.

DurfBarian

Diabloii.Net Member
If you have any ED jewels those might go nicely. Barbs aren't usually hurting much in the resists department, but like Spook_Cell says, boosting your resistances is an approach you can take.

I think I put three rubies in mine and stuck it on a merc . . . not bad at all. If you ever get the runes to upgrade it to elite it will have some serious defense, so a defiance merc would like that a lot.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
or three Ptopaz is a valid option... i don't know anyone who's going to turn down an extra 72% MF. of course that wont help with your survivability, but just imagine the 1337 itamz you might get with it.

whomhead said:
or three Ptopaz is a valid option... i don't know anyone who's going to turn down an extra 72% MF. of course that wont help with your survivability, but just imagine the 1337 itamz you might get with it.
Well, if you're not having trouble surviving, go with the 3x ptopazes, otherwise the rubies or Rals, Orts and/or Thuls to make up any lacking resists.

whomhead

Diabloii.Net Member
cloudstride said:
Well, if you're not having trouble surviving, go with the 3x ptopazes, otherwise the rubies or Rals, Orts and/or Thuls to make up any lacking resists.
yeah, clearly go for survival first - esp if its HC. and always keep in mind that for the low cost of a hel rune you can fix any "mistakes" if you want to put something else in it later. just bear in mind that that recipe destroys whatever you had socketed in there - so probably not to be used on the zod. :D

dokhogg

Diabloii.Net Member
Well I have the PTopaz's, PRubes, and the runes, but also 3 jewels, +29 AR and +12 Max Damage; +24 AR and +13 Max Damage: +16% enhanced damage. I don't NEED to use it immidiately since I am in a bit of a MFing mode right now....just thinking of possibilities.

What runes would I need and how would I upgrade it to unique?

(edit) Ok, I shouldn't have asked that question on upgrading....I just found out on another website. But, my highest level rune so far is a sol...so I will just need to MF a lot more or find a trade that will work for the runes....not that I hav a whole heck of a lot to trade with.

Akagi Lone White Star

Diabloii.Net Member
3 perfect topaz would be good. Or if your low in the resist department then put a ral rune, ort rune and tal runes for fire resist, lightning resist and poison resist.

Serdash

Diabloii.Net Member
Save it. Then once the upgrade recipie is fixed, upgrade it to a Shadow Plate and PulPulPul that sucker.

Insane defense anyone?

chaos

Diablo: IncGamers Member
Serdash said:
Save it. Then once the upgrade recipie is fixed, upgrade it to a Shadow Plate and PulPulPul that sucker.

Insane defense anyone?
Ethereal version, pul pul zod.

strijdje

Diabloii.Net Member
DurfBarian said:
Ethereal version, Pul Pul Pul, Defiance merc. :buddies:
Ethereal version, Pul Pul Pul, Ethereal Defiance merc :teeth:

i would go for either 3 prubies or 3 ptopaz.. u can never have enough life or mf right