What should i socket my vampire gaze with?

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
So, my mercenary is using infinity, fortitude and vampire gaze and hes mostly doing alright, although he does seem to struggle a bit in travincial sometimes. I got a free socket in my vampire gaze, so im wondering what i should socket it with?

Last edited:

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, i thought about using a cham rune before, since it makes sense to give him frozen immunity, but im not sure how much it helps.

Last edited:

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
What is killing him? Conviction, physical immune Ismail? What build are you playing? If you do solo/p1 runs you should be able to kill all coincils in 5-10seconds and thus lowering chance for merc getting killed.

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
Well im not sure, i think it may be the hydras, the physical damage or perhaps something else.

Last edited:

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
You are not answering the other questions, but this is a nice merc setup for Trav
Eth Infinity in elite base (thresher or other fast one)
Ral Kiras Guardian (as high all res, preferably eth)
Chains of Honor (in elite Ebugged base)

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, but im not looking to change his gear, im just wondering what to socket his vampire gaze with.

Last edited:

atomicpunk

Diabloii.Net Member
Try various things. It could be as simple as Ral or any% Ruby (fr) jewel and all the better if it has the Fervor suffix. Also consider a Sol, a P Ruby, or an Um. My experience with Act 2 merc is they don't need CBF if their resistances are maxed.

I personally would try ias, 15% faster hits means 15% faster life steal which will compliment his 35% frw. My end game mercs always have 15 to 45 ias speed in their helms.

onderduiker

Diabloii.Net Member
What is killing him? Conviction, physical immune Ismail?
An Infinity polearm's Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped should mean that the mercenary isn't affected by hostile Conviction since it would normally be lower level, with the sole exception of Mephisto (level 20) in the Pandemonium Event (even when Nihlathak is Aura Enchanted, it should still only by level 11 (95/8)).

drmalawi

Diabloii.Net Member
An Infinity polearm's Level 12 Conviction Aura When Equipped should mean that the mercenary isn't affected by hostile Conviction
True, that means it is something else.

When I run infinity merc in trav in players3, what kills him is physical damage and/or not being able to leech life (stone skin ismail) at least to my old observations.

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
Yes, your mercenary isn't affected by the council's conviction aura if you equip him with infinity. Anyway, i think i may have found the culprit. It may be some of the trash monsters casting blizzard on him, which slows him down and prevents him from getting close enough to stab them, which means that he won't be able to leech life, so i have put a cham rune in his vampire gaze, which seems to mostly have solved the problem.

Last edited:

Ultimatium

Diabloii.Net Member
Well, it's probably not going to be too useful with a sol rune i think. If you can afford it, i would go with a cham rune instead.

Last edited: