Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What should I put Grief in?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Licwid, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Licwid

Licwid IncGamers Member

What should I put Grief in?

I've decided to make the Grief runeword, but I'm not sure what I should put it in. I already have the runes except Lo, which I finally saved up enough to get. I'm thinking that since it gives a specific number of damage instead of a percent, that it's logical to put it into the fastest possible weapon, which would be Phase Blade. But I've seen a bunch people have Berserker Axe Grief. Wouldn't Phase Blade be a better choice since it's much faster, and after Grief's extra damage is calculated it does enough damage so that it's speed overrides Berserker Axe's damage, and thus making it do more damage. Can anyone tell me which would be the best choice and why? Also, can Phase Blade's be ethereal?

2. CubsAce38

CubsAce38 IncGamers Member

Phase Blade is a great choice. Grief is most commonly found in them because they do have such a fast attack speed and that they are indestructable :D But I hate to tell you they can't be eth :( I hear you can up a eth dimentional blade into an eth pb... but I personally haven't tried that yet. You might want more comformation on that before trying to up a eth dimensional blade. :thumbsup:

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

It depends on the character.

WW barbs need a weapon with reach 3 which also reaches the final WW breakpopint. The only weapon that will do that with no risk of missing the breakpoint is a zweihander. A BA needs 34%IAS at least, a CB needs 39%.

Fana-zealots won't have much attack speed problems, so there is no need in using a phase blade. I would use a BA (and I did so). However, that weapon needs a lot of repair, so if things like these bother you too much, use a phase blade.

Non-fana zealots, frenzy barbs and conc barbs benefit from fast weapons. For them, a phase blade would be the best choice.

If you want a versatile weapon with a high resale value, you have to take the risk and make a Grief BA and pray it gets 34+%IAS, so it's useful for WW barbs and fana-zealots. It will still be a great weapon (although not the optimum one) for non-fana zealots, frenzy barbs and conc barbs.

BTW, you can upgrade rare and unique items only.

4. EdvinMedvind

EdvinMedvind IncGamers Member

I made one in a Phase Blade for my Fana-Zealot. I liked the fact that no matter how bad a roll i got, I wouldn't need any ias on my char, and when I switch to cleansing the zeal speed is still good. The phase blade also looks cooler on my char imo and I hate spending a lot of gold on repair.

For trade value purposes it's probably better to make it in a berzerker axe, but I don't plan on selling my 'Grief' PB.