What should I invest what's left of my Skill Points in? if

chaoseffect

Diabloii.Net Member
What should I invest what's left of my Skill Points in?

Right now I'm around level 76. I have Skeleton Mastery, Raise Skeleton, and Revive all at 20 and buffed. I'm around 9 or 10 in Skeleton Mages but I intend to get that to 20 as well. I'm also planning on putting atleast 1 point into the 6 or so remaining Curses/Bone Skills I have yet to invest in. After doing all that I should have a handful of points left, so I was wondering what should I use them for? I've never focused on Golems, Bone skills, or any Curse besides Amp Damage. I also have a full set of Trang-oul, so regardless I get decent buffs to all of those skills. What would benefit the most from 5-10 odd points; Golems, Bone skills, or Curses?

Ed from Russia

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: What should I invest what's left of my Skill Points in?

Put 1 pt in Amp Damage and Decrepify, and the rest in Corpse Explosion. A summoner can't live without CE.

There's no need for 20 points in Revive; 1 would have been sufficient.

chaoseffect

Diabloii.Net Member

I like having a massive army. It amuses me to have 28 monsters fighting for me.

lumpor

Diabloii.Net Member

Still, revives are un-flexible (especially without enigma). 1 point really is enough. You should get summon resist (1 points), and get clay golem and golem mastery on the way. Clay golem is a great tank and slower (not in normal or nm, but in hell). Decreptify is helpful against bosses, and dim vision is great against archers as well. Rest should go into corpse explosion. I'd recommend a restart though, since I think those points in revive are quite much wasted

chaoseffect

Diabloii.Net Member

Yeah my character isn't the most optimized, but I still like the Revive. I know it's not practical, but I'll be damned if it doesn't fill my heart with joy. I never really considered Corpse Explosion because of my heavy use of summons. It seemed a waste since I could be turning those bodies into Revives/Skeletons, but maybe I'll give it a shot. What else do I have the remaining skill points for? =p

Also... yeah my character is 85 now. I'm passed the point of restarting him >_<

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

CE is a summonmancer's fastest killer.

MasterMynd

Diabloii.Net Member

...I'm also planning on putting atleast 1 point into the 6 or so remaining Curses...
Skip everything but Amp in the middle curse tree (Iron Maiden, Life Tap and Lower Resist.) LR is the only one that could possibly do you any good (via either Mages or fire from CE) but I believe the damage you'll gain from it will always be less than the damage gained from just Amp. (The primary damage from this build is, after all, physical.)

Personally, I'd start pushing defensive skills like DV and BA+synergies.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

More than 1 in revive is a complete waste of points, at least if you can't consistently teleport them on top of the monsters you're killing. By the time you raise the 20th monster, the 1st will be long lost anyway. Instead you should've maxed CE and put at least 1 in amp in the curse tree. 1 in summon resists and its prereqs is also quite useful for 1 point wonders (if clay golem dies you can just resummon so don't really need more points). That's the reason you actually have a damage penalty in pvp.

chaoseffect

Diabloii.Net Member

Corpse Explosion is a complete waste in my play style, as all it really does is destroy raw materials. That's how I feel anyway. Plus I usually play with a friend whose an Assassin (lol Death Sentries).

Also yeah I did put one in Amp and summon resist early on, so yeah...

NumtyDoo

Diabloii.Net Member

Not sure what play style you are going for and not knocking you for not wanting CE.

But your CE is better than an assassin's death centry, Necro CE has a higher damage return, assassin is 40%-80%, necro is 60%-100%. Necro CE means less "raw materials" wasted. What do you need so many "raw materials" for anyway, with the exception of boss characters, skellies and revives are almost indestructable.

I used to think maxed CE was a waste till I actually tried it. Makes killing so much faster and easier. There is nothing else that a necro can put his extra points into that will give such an awesome return in killing speed and safety, also helps out in those tight areas like arcane and maggot lair.

chaoseffect

Diabloii.Net Member

Sorry I misunderstood you and seemed a bit hostile. No hard feelings =o. By playstyle I meant I usually raise every corpse I see as a Revive, so for every fallen enemy I add to my army. Yeah revives usually wander away after the battle, but it usually works alright. I see it as the exact opposite as the CE approach; instead of blowing your friends up I'm recruiting them. TAKE THAT DEMONS. Hmm maybe I will experiment with CE. I've never done it before based on my general principle... I guess it would be nice to actually do 1337 damage for once XD. Thanks for the advice.

galzohar

Diabloii.Net Member

Monsters have a lot of HP and do little damage compared to players. So dealing damage that's based on their HP is much more effective than dealing damage based on their damage. This is also why IM/thorns are horrible.