What Should I Do?

Best Gen

• 1st Gen (Atari Pong, Magnavox Odyssey, Fairchild channel F)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2nd Gen (Atari VCS/2600)

• 3rd Gen (Atari 5200, ColecoVision, Atari 7800)

• 4th Gen (Sega Master System, NES, Atari XEGS, Gameboy, Atari Lynx)

• 5th Gen (NEC TurboGraphix, Genesis, Game Gear, SNES

• 6th Gen (Saturn, Playstation, N64, Gameboy Color

• 7th Gen (Dreamcast, Playstation 2, Gamecube, X-Box, GameBoy Advance

• Total voters

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
What Should I Do?

What should I do if someone's sending me inane 'threats' through the PM system, telling me that unless I retract a post and 'discuss what I [the guy who PM'ed me] said', he'll report me?

Should I just laugh in his face (sotospeak), or should I just ignore the PM?

th5418

Banned
.......WHat did you say? I got banned for saying fine awesome guy The italicized letters.....put them together.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
Of course :) But no names, unless this individual chooses to reveal himself. In which case, you pays your money and you takes your chances :p

th5418

Banned
He must be some phychopath that takes anything for an insult.
Me:YOU DOLT!
Him: IM REPORTING YOU!!

oh steel pretty please pm me what he said. and maybe if your a really cool-awesome-should-be-the-leader-of-the-world kinda guy his name?

Raft Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
What should I do if someone's sending me inane 'threats' through the PM system, telling me that unless I retract a post and 'discuss what I [the guy who PM'ed me] said', he'll report me?

Should I just laugh in his face (sotospeak), or should I just ignore the PM?
You could always forward it to Gaile or Freet. Using the PM system to send 'threats', regardless of whether or not you consider them inane, seems like an abuse of the forum, if you ask me.

-Rafty

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
I should clarify: I'm calling the threats inane because, "If you don't take back what you said, I'LL REPORT YOU!!!!!11!!!!!1!1!1!!!!" is not exactly something I'm going to consider very seriously.

Anakha1

Banned
Raft Boy said:
You could always forward it to Gaile or Freet. Using the PM system to send 'threats', regardless of whether or not you consider them inane, seems like an abuse of the forum, if you ask me.

-Rafty

I second this. Besides, I haven't seen you post anything report worthy lately so I think he's blowing smoke out his patootie.

I just love it when people demand that others take back their opinions because they're so shocked that someone has ideas that don't match their own. It really says volumes about that person's intelligence.

SuggestiveName

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
I should clarify: I'm calling the threats inane because, "If you don't take back what you said, I'LL REPORT YOU!!!!!11!!!!!1!1!1!!!!" is not exactly something I'm going to consider very seriously.
Seriously, I WILL report you if you don't take back what you said. NOW!!!!one11!!2!!!1337!!!!1

Raft Boy

Diabloii.Net Member
Steel_Avatar said:
Oh, they're just threatening to report you? That's it? I would just ignore it then. It's not worth your time, and it isn't worth Gaile's or Freet's.

-Rafty

Anyee

Diabloii.Net Member
I vote for taunting, seconded by a forward to Gaile with a "Geez, look at this dimwit" in the subject line.

Steel_Avatar

Diabloii.Net Member
Now with voting :D

Things like this just make me want to laugh. Or cry. I can't decide. If someone makes an enormously stupid statement, and then spends pages compounding the error as he digs himself further and further into a hole, it's not really my fault if I take his words as they're written, now is it? Nor was I the only one. And now it's: Either stop criticising what I've said, or I'll tell mommy! Pfft.

"BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I MEANT111!!!!1!!!1!1!!!!1" Semantics won't get you far in life, bucko.

dantose

Diabloii.Net Member
The people demand answers!
reveal the identity of this unknown individual. Actually, we would have to prove he is individual (undividable) preferably with lasers. lasers are cool.

Anakha1

Banned
Change what I said earlier... I'm with the pro-taunters. This person has opened an opportunity so wonderfully full of momentous occasions to mercilessly ridicule him for making an *** of himself that I can only pray for such a time to come along once in a blue moon.

Ah, I'm so envious, Steel.