What shield for Exile???

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
What shield for Exile???

Hi!

I searched the pally forums concerning the question in the title but I seem not find a good answer!

So i decided to make a thread and ask the question!

Which shield is best for exile?

Alternative 1
+40 All res Elite shields
1 - Eth Vortex
2 - Eth sacred Rondache

Alternative 2
%XX enhance damage and + xxx to attack rating
1 - Eth Vortex shield
2 - Eth Sacred Rondache

From what i understand smiters in PvP are using exile! But which shield is the best to make the runeword into? The ones with +40 all res or the the ones with %XX enhance damage and XXX to attack rating?

Thx for the input!

/Dec
 

Grobyc

Diabloii.Net Member
It all really depends on what you're lacking or what your priorities are. If you have enough resistance or want damage, then the obvious choice is the enhanced damage and AR. If you want resistance, then the resistance shield is better. But since everyone's gear setup and priorites are different, I don't think anyone could help you answer your question.
 

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
Grobyc said:
It all really depends on what you're lacking or what your priorities are. If you have enough resistance or want damage, then the obvious choice is the enhanced damage and AR. If you want resistance, then the resistance shield is better. But since everyone's gear setup and priorites are different, I don't think anyone could help you answer your question.
I'm hoping that players will leave some more input anyway! :D

/Dec
 

Armageddons

Diabloii.Net Member
Most Smiters dislike Vortex Shield because of random smite damage (5-85 basic smite damage).

Zakuram Shield is great because stable smite damage (46 damage).

But since you wont change your mind anyway, so:
I recommand to use Resist for shields, since you already can do ton of damage on Fanaticism + Holy Shield alone (most armors offers 30% Resist all or lower, very few are above 40% resistence).
 

batuchka

Diabloii.Net Member
Hmm why is it that Sacred Targes aren't popular for exile as they have highest %block? Is it because of the smite dmg range or low base def? Style points perhaps?
 

Aerath

Diabloii.Net Member
22 to 70 smite damage... much bigger range than Zaka...

Sure, the average is the same, but Zaka is that much more consistent.

And the extra defense is nice too.

Have to agree with you about the blocking though :)
 

[exile]

Diabloii.Net Member
First and foremost - Smite never misses. So AR is not an issue. Keep that in mind when you decide on which to use. Like someone said, it really depends on who you're going to be dueling with and what type of Paladin you're going to be using.

In either case, I vote for the Sacred Rondache for a few reasons:
1) Vortexes have high Strength requirements.
2) Sacred Rondaches have the highest average Smite damage of any shield in the game (only by 0.5 average but hey a difference is a difference :p)
3) Sacred Rondaches have a higher block rate.

Thus by using a Sacred Rondache you would be saving some Strength and some Dexterity, meaning more points into Vitality for you.
 

shizznitt

Diabloii.Net Member
i have a 4soc 191 def zakarum shield that noones seems to want to trade for.. even for a ko, i guess the sacred rondache answers my question of why lol
 

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
[exile] said:
First and foremost - Smite never misses. So AR is not an issue. Keep that in mind when you decide on which to use. Like someone said, it really depends on who you're going to be dueling with and what type of Paladin you're going to be using.

In either case, I vote for the Sacred Rondache for a few reasons:
1) Vortexes have high Strength requirements.
2) Sacred Rondaches have the highest average Smite damage of any shield in the game (only by 0.5 average but hey a difference is a difference :p)
3) Sacred Rondaches have a higher block rate.

Thus by using a Sacred Rondache you would be saving some Strength and some Dexterity, meaning more points into Vitality for you.
Now I was hoping that you [exile] would respond! :D Btw cool name and very cool avatar! :p

Now back to topic! According to your statements Sacred rondache is best to make exile! Now does that mean that the ones having +40 res are best or the ones with %ed? If it is possible to choose the best allround sacred rondache for a smiter, which should you chose? The one with all res or the one with %ed/ar?

/Dec
 

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
jordy666 said:
the best exile is upped hoz

-jordy :king:
I see that keeping your comments to the topic is hard... ;)

Since i did not as about upped HoZ your answer is USELESS to me! :p

/Dec
 

oneBlast

Diabloii.Net Member
One thing bothers me:

when using Grief, a Vortex dmg range wouldn't be so wide, wouldn't it?
I do have Exile Sacred Rondache, but if I want more defense, I'd give the Vortex a try.

My two cents.
Cheers,
Marius
 

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
oneBlast said:
One thing bothers me:

when using Grief, a Vortex dmg range wouldn't be so wide, wouldn't it?
I do have Exile Sacred Rondache, but if I want more defense, I'd give the Vortex a try.

My two cents.
Cheers,
Marius
Thx for input!

Btw nice shield u got up for trade!
Is it so good for a smiter or what? :uhhuh:

/Dec
 

-Ferro-

Diabloii.Net Member
RetroStar said:
Still Up'd Hoz > Any Exile for Smiters.
That may be true in NL, but in Ladder with grief is just the opposite, no-matter-if-it-is-BM-or-not.

Get resist shield for making exile, in the long run is more usefull since there are more casters than pure melee, because let´s face it, people using exile only wanna on thing from it, and it is not the defiance aura :lol: . At this point, few %ed doesnt matter at all, but 4x% all resists can help a lot though.
 

Decebal

Diabloii.Net Member
-Ferro- said:
That may be true in NL, but in Ladder with grief is just the opposite, no-matter-if-it-is-BM-or-not.

Get resist shield for making exile, in the long run is more usefull since there are more casters than pure melee, because let´s face it, people using exile only wanna on thing from it, and it is not the defiance aura :lol: . At this point, few %ed doesnt matter at all, but 4x% all resists can help a lot though.
THX Ferro!

/Dec
 
Top