Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What setup for godly javazon?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by FlyingPerson, Apr 28, 2005.

1. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

What setup for godly javazon?

Just wonderering..whats the most godly setup for javazon?

I saw some javazon with their cs can kill 8 ppl's baal within a few sec...hows that possible?

Here is my gear..(which still take 10 sec to kill baal in 2 ppl's baal game)

Griffon: 14/19
    COH
    Razortile
    Spirit Shield
    Raven+BK
    Mara / Highlord (for IAS)
    +2 Java glv with 20IAS
    War-Trave
    Titan (eth up'd 198%ED)/T-Stroke (+4skill, 190%ED)
    1 Anni, 7 Java GC

I didnt put any lightning facet yet, but I think even though I put on lightning facet..the speed still cant compare to those crazy godly javazon...

any suggestion?

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

i'd pick thundergods as the given belt on any javazon as a start.
    Putting 4 lightfacets in a 4sock shield would increase the speed quite a bit, same for the helm. The -20%light res helps...
    I guess i dont have to say that a +3java amu would make you more fast killing though, same with even more skillers, but i also guess you want some room to pick up items ;)
    Getting a merc with that fancy runeword that gives conviction would be the ultimate hot-shot for it. -Res is your best friend, keep that in mind!

3. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

Well there's still some room for improvement on your setup. Magical gloves 20/+3 (can be bought in a shop), amulet +3java/life, Thundergod's instead of Razortail, more skillers. Also I'd replace Spirit shield with 3soc Headhunter's glory with 3x5-5 light. Helps alot more than 2 skills on the spirit, and still provides some resists.

Then there is merc Infinity polearm, which considerably improves damage dealt by elemental attacks... and breaks some immunities along the way.

This setup must be dealing an awful lot of damage, at least in theory. I haven't tried it though.

4. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

Use your razortail for Cowing and T-gods everywhere else. That's a start. You've got extremely nice gear. When you see these kills in a few seconds in 8 player games, you may be witnessing some luck. The range on Light Damage is HUGE. You might have just seen someone with similar gear to you get 7 lucky shots in a row. Or maybe they had some CB and had that on the first few shots too.

Having said all that, yes there is always room for improvement, but I would much rather have Highlord's or Mara's than a +3 Jav ammy, same goes for a nice rare/crafted set of gloves as opposed to +3/20ias gloves. It makes the character more fun to play with in my opinion. No matter what you do, you will almost always have room for improvement. Your setup is nice, don't despair. My dream Java setup is:

Helm: Andy's with Light Facet
    Armor: CoH
    Jav: Upp'd Titans
    Shield: Headhunter with Light Facets
    Belt: T-Gods
    Boot: War Trav's
    Ammy: Crafted Zon Ammy
    Glove: Crafted Rare +2/ML/20ias
    Rings: RF/ Rare with ML/LL/mana/dex/res all
    3 Jav GC's
    2 Pass/Mag Gc's
    1 Anni
    5 Res all / life SC's

5. FlyingPerson

FlyingPerson IncGamers Member

Thanks a lot guys..

I guess the headhunter is the thing i need to look for now ( I got all the others..except the 3/20 glove...but oh well..that takes forever to shop) however...the main reason I used spirit is the resist and FHR....55% is a lot:p

anyway..I just feel thats cool....kill baal in a few second:D

6. richo

richo IncGamers Member

Wmeredith: well most pple go for little different build wich i prefer mostly:

armor: coh (obvious)
    gloves: +2 java, KB, ML 20 ias (those would be real nice dunno if the KB works in cows)
    Shield: well i would just take a monarch with 20/20 light
    belt: thundergods (idd always)
    Boots: WT (doh)
    helm: griffon (i prefer griffon above andy
    rings: dual leech rings (with other nice stats)
    amu: highlords or cats eye

it is not much different from yours but this i prefer on my javazone:)

rgzzz
    RICHO

7. Jek

Jek IncGamers Member

Infinity merc.

More Java GCs, +3 Jav gloves with IAS. +3 Javelin Amulet (100 life would be nice), 3 Facet Shield with one Ias j00l. +3 Javelin Circlet with Facets. And Arachnid Mesh.

Will give you level 45 which is needed for 12 bolts. With synergies each hit will hurt Baal for 53082 avg 2.2 times per second, not counting -resist or +lightning.

8. Davie.

Davie. IncGamers Member

go for a artisans shield of deflect whichever gives best block for zons. Shouldnt even be as expensive as a good headhunters.

9. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

jewlers of deflecting (4soc, 30/20) monarch are worth a ridiculous amount .. maybe 100 times as much as a high headhunters.

if you're talking about artisans (3 soc, 30/20) .. no idea what those price at. but then again .. why wouldnt you just use headhunters then if you're still getting 3 soc? id pick huge def, huge res, and life/kill over high block any day. =o but thats just me.

10. Wmeredith

Wmeredith IncGamers Member

How do you play in Hell with no Cannot be Frozen, I 'd freak out. I hate being frozen, not to mention that sometimes it leads to being dead as well.

11. Jimi-

Jimi- IncGamers Member

you wont survive for long with that 20/20 and a headhunter if a good frenzy beast or even the minions catch you, or you enter a unsafe tp stormshield is the way to go, use that +4 uniqe matriarchal javelin and a 20/20 on switch to kill baal, and eth upp'd titants/stormshield on the other switch

12. Redman681

Redman681 IncGamers Member

Is headhunters good for PvP or is not having much block too much of a risk? Also, is a 2 open socket headhunter's worth putting the facets in or should you only use a 3 socket one? Thanks

13. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

In PvP, the only useful shield is Stormshield. Helps A LOT.

Hh's glory is for PvM. Of course it's better to use 3s hh's for one extra facet... not that 3soc one is worth that much anyway (pul-um for good 3soc on EU).

14. Quietus

Quietus IncGamers Member

Perhaps unbelievably, I'm the only person who's found Ormus's robes to be useful on a javazon. Of course, I cow, so that could have something to do with it.

A 15% light damage ormus robes with some useless skill (ice bolt anyone?) and a 5/5 facet is NOT a bad thing, and the robes themselves should be nice and cheap. Seems to me the skill matters more with worth than the damage does.

15. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

i like ormus too, but im not giving up the juicy mods on coh for it. =D

my java uses:

shako ptopaz
    maras
    uppd eth titans
    spirit
    coh
    rare 2/20 java gloves w/ mf
    raven
    rare ml ring w/ stats and res