Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What runewords will be the most expensive when ladder crosses over?

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by Als, Apr 8, 2005.

1. Als

Als Banned

What runewords will be the most expensive when ladder crosses over?

Will it be
    pheonix
    Infinity
    Faith
    Greif
    Fortitude
    brand
    death
    destruction
    dragon
    dream
    ice
    insight
    last wish
    oath
    obedeince
    pride

My guess is going to be faith, greif, fortitude, and infinity will be the most expensive.

2. Killer_sss

Killer_sss IncGamers Member

while i see the point to faith you can already get some fantacism so i think that can be knocked off the most expensive.

something tells me with all the great mods on last wish that it will be up there
    i think fortitude even though it can be made more often will be up there because its demand will be so great i mean come on the armor has everything any meleer could want for the most part.

grief because of its ausome dmg will be up there because you can make even a crappy melee weapon of it and itll still have 400-450 dmg but with less str dex required.

dream i think will also go up because most eveyone who has now is prolly gona want to use. i mean dreamer pallys r ausome but now the whole idea of a melee sorc that can do very well in the game is just superb. especially if you wana make a werebear sorc you can get up to 2or3 fps (can't remember which it is) thats one fast ****ing melee sorc. of course people may wana play with the sorc instead of using werebear just so u can see its a sorc kicking the **** outta something.

pride im not to sure will be used much very nice but not much necessity to anyone besides a hammerdin who wants extra defense by pumping defiance or a skelton necromancer.

pheonix has its merits for dmg and the redemption aura.
    insight has definately helpes in alot of builds so i would say it will definately be amoung the top.

spirit in pally shields and swords will be great for hammerdins so those might be kinda pricy after the mass flow of them comes in. im not sure.

i belive fortitude in the end will be the most expensiive.

3. slappy sam

slappy sam IncGamers Member

Spirit, Pride, and Infinity (the one that gives conviction... I don't play b.net any more so I don't really know...) will be the most expensive.

Spirit is the best caster shield. It will be worth wayyy more than its runes, especially perfect fcr ones. Obviously, it wont be worth unbelievable amounts, because it only uses cheap runes.

Pride is great for a zealer or melee character with a merc. It can double his damage.

And Infinity (the best in my opinion) will be worth the most because it provides conviction, which can break enemy resistances. Therefore, a blizzard sorc like mine can run baal without having to have the merc kill each of the second wave skellies one by one.

4. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

#1 Fortitude (armor) - awesome for WW barbs and bowazons
    #2 Grief - more dmg than BotD... any questions ?
    #3 Faith - excellent %ed, ITD, fanaticism... now thats a bow !

5. Als

Als Banned

this topics pretty intresting so far, i was thinking somthing like pride would be worth just a ton because of how rare it is. I mean who makes pride? itll be so hard to find that i think the price on it will be immense.

6. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

fastest you can get in bear form on a sorc is 5fpa. :)

im guessing grief, faith, fort, infinity

7. Killer_sss

i thought you could get up to at least 3 with a 6 soc shaled phase blade

8. Killer_sss

9. krischan

10. Leohappy

Leohappy IncGamers Member

I doubt fortitude will be the most expensive rw, but it will be in big demand. 160-60 armors with life are available on NL already, so the step isn't THAT big.

From what I can say, good faith bows will be extremely expensive, since they will be something totally new to NL bowzons (with insane speeds and all that), as will Infinity weapons for sorcs/druids/javas.

Most people underestimate the value of pride as well. It's great for any melee/ranged char, considerably increasing the damage done.

Spirit is already available in big numbers, with almost every serious sorc player having at least one with perf stats. Same with insight.

Hard to say what rw will reach top values on NL, but my top pick is - Faith.

11. Als

Als Banned

I got a new opinion after trying out the infinity runeword. This will be the hands down most expensive rw.
    It will litterally double the dmg of any sorceress and be damn nice for fohers or any other chars, it is simply unbeleiveable

12. krischan

Yes, Infinity is nice because of its conviction aura, but your character won't benefit from the penalty to enemy lightning resistance - only the merc will. The problem with mercs is that their artificial stupidity causes them to die in inopportune moments, so instead of caking care that your spells have maximum effect you have to take care that your merc doesn't run into certain doom.