What runeword to make before ladder reset?

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
What runeword to make before ladder reset?

Hi

Since their are a lot of rumours about the ending of this ladder season and I only recently got rich and I’m not sure I’ll be playing on next ladder I have a question.

What ladder only runeword is really a must?

What ladder only runeword do I have to make so I can have it in non ladder also?

Any suggestions?

Note that I’m talking here about the runewords containing high runes and not the ones like insight or spirit.

Bert

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Grief
Fortitude
The one merc thingie that gives conviction

Grief is the new BotD, Fort is just so :drool: and the merc weapon will be wanted by loads of casters. Don't bother with stuff like Last Wish, I've seen plenty of people on NL moaning about "I want grief sooo bad" but never about the more obscure runewords.

HoD

Bert

Diabloii.Net Member
Herald of Doom said:
Grief
Fortitude
The one merc thingie that gives conviction

HoD
Grief... I checked it and it looks nice and only one HR (Lo right?) so what whould be THE best weapon to make it in?

Fortitude? is it really that great? I mean, i'm not sure if it can compaire to CoH (wich is non ladder also, i know).

Infinty... yeah I really want that one...

Herald of Doom

Diabloii.Net Member
Bert said:
Grief... I checked it and it looks nice and only one HR (Lo right?) so what whould be THE best weapon to make it in?

Fortitude? is it really that great? I mean, i'm not sure if it can compaire to CoH (wich is non ladder also, i know).

Infinty... yeah I really want that one...
Grief has several options:

-Grief Phaseblade for smiters, zealots and furydruids
-Grief Berserker Axe for barbs (only with 34% ias, so it's a bit risky to make one if you want to use it on a barb) or zealots
-Grief Zweihander for the swordbarb lovers

All in all, Grief PB seems the best option if you want to sell it after the reset. BA is a good second. And while Zweihander is a very nice option for grief, not a lot of people realise that so it might be harder to sell.

Yes, Fortitude is absolutely worth it. 300% enhanced damage= almost every melee char will use it.

HoD

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Bert said:
For a bowazon (and fprobably for a WW barb as well), Fortitude >> CoH

Since Fortitude+Faith, my bowazon can do the following things solo (in a two player game), apart from the usual stuff like pits etc.

Baal runs
Ancients
Diablo
Travincal
Cows

My old ladder bowazon (WF) couldn't do all that, not even cows - they simply had too much life for her.

gorash

Diabloii.Net Member
krischan said:
For a bowazon (and fprobably for a WW barb as well), Fortitude >> CoH

Since Fortitude+Faith, my bowazon can do the following things solo (in a two player game), apart from the usual stuff like pits etc.

Baal runs
Ancients
Diablo
Travincal
Cows

My old ladder bowazon (WF) couldn't do all that, not even cows - they simply had too much life for her.

i'm planning on making a bowazon also. do u think fort and wf could do that? i'm not rich enough to get a faith although i do have a fort atm. also need to make a grief for my zealor lol

krischan

Europe Trade Moderator
Faith will make you more variable with respect to IAS. To reach 9/2 strafing with fanaticism isn't a problem at all, but for PvM, even 9/3 would be OK and that's not a problem with WF either. However, apart from attack speed, fanaticism adds to ar and damage as well and it also helps your merc and valk.

For further information I suggest to read the guides and threads in the amazon forums.

Twoflower

Banned
for the cheaper ones : won t spirit ( CTA weapon switch ) and insight ( cmon, the meditation aura rocks for hammerdins ) also be in very high demand ?

IN_FLAMES

Banned
I would love to have a Spirit and a Fortitude, if not multiples. I'm a non-ladder player and will be looking forward to these great items coming over!

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
faith (fana)
fort (300ed)
pride (conc)
infinity (the one that give conviction for you guys)
and last wish (last wish is better then any other sword for barb 70% cb, lvl 17 might aura, 330-375 ed, itd, 10% chance of life tap, what more could you want for a dueling sword)

just my 2 cents

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
pride is my favorite heh lvl 90 merc so thats like a lvl 19 might aura + a lvl 20 conc aura ^.^ very nice damage boost for any melee char

middleman35

Diabloii.Net Member
rawrj said:
and last wish (last wish is better then any other sword for barb 70% cb, lvl 17 might aura, 330-375 ed, itd, 10% chance of life tap, what more could you want for a dueling sword)
IAS maybe? Last Wish won't hit WW breakpoints and is far too slow for other melee chars as well

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
but if you have other ias items, you could hit the bp, but i think the 70% cb would be to good to pass up on

LorveN

D3 Off Topic Moderator
make a bunch of spirit shields. those will be very wanted when ladder ends. And they are cheap to make too! :)

SirDooFuss

Diabloii.Net Member
I traded for a very LOW END Grief Phase Blade and it is truly an awesome weapon! My frenzy barb uses it with a lightsabre and rocks! I didn't realize that the "venom" applies to the character when cast, not just the weapon. When he weapon switches to his full bk set, the venom is still there!!!
:clap:

rawrj

Diabloii.Net Member
well if you duel with a leap barb or conc barb, the cb one hit kill pvm :p or if u using a 2x swords ww using a ebotd on one hand and a last wish on other wouldnt it counter the lack of ias ??