What really is range?

hunterkillerdawg

Diabloii.Net Member
What really is range?

ive been dueling a lot and heard from a friend that range is soooo important in melees but wat is really range? wats the difference on the screen between range 2(pb) and 3(zerker)? or 3(zerker) and 5(gpa or ca)?

thx for any1 who can answer these questions for me :azn:

tmd turka

Diabloii.Net Member
You probably wont like this answer but the easiest way is to see the difference for yourself. Try to compare a phase blade range with that of something like a cryptic axe. Range 2 vs range 5. Do a test match with your friend and try to hit him with both. It is a very noticable difference. A real nice test is to use an attack similar to zeal or fury as an opponent comes close to you.

Watch a Fury wolf Pvp. I would say 90% of the good ones use Tomb Reaver a range 5 weapon.

When I made a Fire Claw druid I used a range 5 weapon. Cant tell you exactly off hand what it was but it was alot of fun to use.

Dennis_KoreanGuy

Diabloii.Net Member
For example, a non tele Smiter should never be able to walk up to a continuous shift Fury Druid using a range 4 weapon, and Smite in the first try. You will be stopped couple times due to;

1) fhr animation, fury can easily hurt you enough to put you in one
2) block animation
3) you're dead.

Quietus

Diabloii.Net Member
For example, a non tele Smiter should never be able to walk up to a continuous shift Fury Druid using a range 4 weapon, and Smite in the first try. You will be stopped couple times due to;

1) fhr animation, fury can easily hurt you enough to put you in one
2) block animation
3) you're dead.
It can be made even worse if said druid is packing an ebotd great poleaxe rather than a tomb, versus the smiter. The GPA packs range 5, and slightly higher damage (on an exceptionally good one - a perfect eth zod/2x edias tomb has higher max, but lower min. It also swings faster, though). I'm planning on rebuilding my shifter to have the option of switching to ebotdgpa/coa/dungo vs smiters, I'd like to see how well that works.