What prefix/suffix on this rare?

toothpix

Diabloii.Net Member
What prefix/suffix on this rare?

Hi! I just found this claymore on a Baal run and I'm a bit puzzled by the 'adds 3-18 damage' thing. I've looked it up on Arreat Summit but couldn't find any corresponding prefix/suffix. What magic property is that and how far it can go damage wise?

thegiantturtle

Diabloii.Net Member
Re: What prefix/suffix on this rare?

Hi! I just found this claymore on a Baal run and I'm a bit puzzled by the 'adds 3-18 damage' thing. I've looked it up on Arreat Summit but couldn't find any corresponding prefix/suffix. What magic property is that and how far it can go damage wise?
It's two properties. +3 min and +18 max. "Of Measure" and "Of Slaughter"

toothpix

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for quick reply:) Somehow I didn't think it would combine +min and +max damage in one line. So it can go up to 20-63 then..

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member

Not quite.

The Butchery suffix (+21-40 max dmg) and the Evisceration (+41-63 max dmg) are magic-only. And since magic items can only spawn one suffix, it would be impossible to ever get a min dmg and max dmg suffix on it.

Rares can spawn the Slaughter suffix, at best +20 max dmg. The Transcendence can also spawn on rares, at best +20 min dmg.

It is possible to spawn both Slaughter (20) and Transcendence (20) on a weapon, but due to a display bug that occurs when added min and max damg are equal, the max dmg is not displayed (e.g. The Cranium Basher), so your weapon will only read +20 Min Damage.

toothpix

Diabloii.Net Member

Thanks for sharing the knowledge. That's a bit lower than I had thought.. Well, back to hunting for that ethereal self-repairing cruel fool's weapon;)

EDIT: by the way I just got a rare circlet with separately listed equal min and max damage. (+5 to minimum damage, +5 to maximum damage)

Last edited:

helvete

Diabloii.Net Member

If min is higher or the same as max, it gets listed seperately

omgwtfbbqpwned

Diabloii.Net Member

That's funny. How come Cranium Bashers still have a hidden +20 Max? :shocked:

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member

Because it's defined to have +20-20 dmg, which is supposed to display as "Adds 20-20 Damage" or "Adds 20 Damage", but is bugged to display as "Adds 20 Minimum Damage".