Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What % of your duels do you win?

Discussion in 'PvP' started by Garbad_the_Weak, Mar 28, 2005.

?

Round to the nearest figure.

1. 0

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. 10

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 20

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. 30

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 40

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. 50

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. 60

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. 70

1 vote(s)
    100.0%
  9. 80

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. 90

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. Garbad_the_Weak

Garbad_the_Weak IncGamers Member

What % of your duels do you win?

Just curious.

Garbad

2. luis19

luis19 IncGamers Member

braggin time :)
    i win bout all of my duels
    so far i lose to about:
    3 necs
    2-3 ww barbs
    3-4 windys :)\ i sux vs summonstack zz)
    1 hammerdin

gd garbad

3. nickalisk

nickalisk Banned

Hammerdin lvl 92....no losses yet.

sorceress lvl 90 about 6..AA'rs and 3 dreamadins

Barb perf gear.....alota losses (cant play barb)

4. CoRRuPt-OnE

CoRRuPt-OnE IncGamers Member

i put the less than 40% cuz i mostly play pvm...When i do duel for fun its with my pvm char and i get pwned harcore lol.. Yea its fun.

5. dth

dth Banned

being the 3rd day back i only have 1 dueling char, so if anyone stacks fire i'm pretty much screwed.

however, most ppl suck at teleing, i'd say i win about 75%.

6. dkay

dkay IncGamers Member

less than 5%
    i duel with some of the best duelest in the west like blobsy, eternal (not anymore ; /) and Maniac (xe-malice) (cept mcm beacuse i havent gotten a chance to play with him. ;))

but even if i do play with him itll just lower my average to 3% ez

GG

7. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

i Duel a lot... here are where my wind druid lost against '_~

Barb:Around 12? lol >_<
    Necro:4(very good ones '_~ most necros are eZ)
    Aa'r:3
    Wind druid:2

But you don' really see a lot of challenges u pubbies -_-

8. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

I sait around 50%... mainly because I don't have a decent dueler built yet. However I can still go into a pubby duel and beat most Boners/Fireball sorcs/Zons etc with my MF Bliz sorc :D.

Again I don't duel in a clan so I don't think I'm a godly dueler, but I understand the mechanics of the game more than most pubby duelers do.

9. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

I never win any duels cause I use all my stuff to make tons of characaters and never make one good one. :/ I have over 26 characters now fully equipped.

10. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

I saw you using this as a arguement in a other thread, so i would just throw in a comment on why i voted 90%+, i play hardcore and a loose is when i die. i only died twice this season and i killed 60+ ppl in pvp.

11. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

If my calculations are correct 2/60 =/= 90% :D

12. Garbad_the_Weak

Yeah, I figure HC people in general have a lot better idea of how often they win. Of course, hc duels are rarely fair either, its more like a rich/experienced wolf picks off a stupid lost lamb wearing sigons. ;)

And I was just curious as a principle on how people ranked themselves. It seems from guides and posts most people think they win a very high %. I was curious if a poll would back that up.

Garbad

13. Locke07

Locke07 IncGamers Member

I use a V/T on USEast Ladder and I rarley loose a duel the only duels I have lost that I can remember are.

98WW barb that used Doom and I was lvl 78
    Blizz Sorc (My stupidity)
    98 Bone Necro OMG those guys are hard...

14. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

In hc its all about knowing the limits of your build, and knowing your opponents, this is not really a big deal anymore because of maphackers. but us legits have a harder time knowing when to backoff, this results in my case in i just know i have to be better.

15. Garbad_the_Weak

Yeah, good point.

I have public dueled, private dueled, and hc dueled extensively ever since 03. At least to me, dueling and hc pk are two different animals. Both fun, but I think of hcpk as hunting. You carefully pick a target, stalk, and chase. Everything rides on that one charge and attack. Most often, your opponent simply runs away (exits). If he fights, he usually dies. You are faster, more skilled, and a much better char (even if he is 20 levels higher). Its a blast and takes a lot of skill, but not the same as dueling.

Public dueling is like bar fighting. Its just a way to vent frustration for most of the people. An experienced and wealthy dueler has a huge advantage than most of the morons who bring their mf sorcs in to try and nk people. Its fun to dominate, but the bahavior of people make it not as fun as it could be and its too easy. Worthy opponents are rare.

Private dueling (and team dueling) is more like chess to me. Both you and your opponent are very wealthy, very prepared, and know a lot about dueling. You stand on equal grounds. Its not a contest of speed and surprise, its a contest of who outfights/outmanuvers the other.

I like both kinds, but I think private sc dueling is more fun because you get to duel in teams and explore which skills/gear/strategies work best in a direct head to head competition with your equals.

Garbad

16. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

I started hc pretty early in my online d2 "career", i got online in the middle of 1.09, but i had a lvl 97 sc barb on single player :p and loads and loads of other lvl 80+ chars. been playing diablo since diablo 1 demo, the one where butcher was the "final" boss.

Didnt play hc at all offline, but when i played around a month on bnet i decided to try hc, and never looked back, i duelled abit in sc before i went to hc, but after i started hc duelling and pking i just didnt see the fun in softcore.

Even with alot of chicken users in hc duels, it still beats softcore for me.
    its just the ultimate test for your bvb barb if he can stay alive long enough to kill the other, with pretty much nothing besides slow being badmannered.
    but this isnt a debate sc vs hc, so ill just keep my mouth shut as the horse is allready badly molestet.

basicly i made this post to make sure you understood me correctly, your post to me indicates that i was pking in hc, which i do, but i also duel.
    and its true that alot of people stand around waiting for newbies to arrive and pick on those in hc duel games, but as a legit player with no maphack i cant very well use this trick as most high lvl hc chars are str bugged. even pvm chars so i cant even guess on their gear.

17. CookiesnCream

CookiesnCream IncGamers Member

You can also lose if you exit the game or run into town. Or at least that's what most other people count as losing.

18. Emerald Dragon

Emerald Dragon IncGamers Member

I picked 50%.

My computer sucks. Only 64 mb of ram. So, you can imagine the lag spikes i get. Thats not to mention dysnc and ear lag. Some guy kills me while im stuck in a 10 second screen freeze and he thinks he "pwned" me. Yah right.

Despite my handicap, I manage to kick my share of ass with my bone necro.

WW Barbs : Decrep and waste them with spirits. Laugh as barbs sit on their big ethreal botd swords and cry.
    Enigma WW Barbs : I die. A lot. :(
    Bowazons: Wait, let me rephrase that. Faith guided arrow zons. Ever see anything different? Didn't think so. I usually lose, somtimes get lucky with bonewall/spirit.
    Wind Druids : I hate these guys, because they always have enigma/hoto if they dare show their faces in a duel game. I usually lose.
    Trappers: Sometimes I kill them with spirits.
    Hammerdins: A joke. Yah you heard me. I kill these guys all the time. I killed a lvl 92 hammerdin with the works while i was lvl 67 without enigma. Go ahead tell me they were newbs, but I whoop hammerdins on a regular basis.
    Smiters/Zealots/Chargers: I hate when these guys show up in duels. I usually lose unless they try running to me(Very rare since 98% of duelers can teleport). Even then I usually lose.
    Sorc's: Dueling fire sorcs is tough. Without engima, you usually find yourself running like a freak dodging those fireballs. If they tele close, they are toast. If not, I'm toast.

I think those are the usual builds that show up in duels.

Anyone ever seen a "Singer" barb? Or a pvp throw barb?

19. Nappy

Nappy IncGamers Member

I've seen thrower barb and singer barb. thrower barbs aren't great... - -;;
    altho singer barbs can really do something if u have no fhr. I learned this when i was a noob. ^-^

20. ADSL

ADSL IncGamers Member

yes. my point being that my answer in this poll was based on those 2 facts, its a fact than i got just above 60 ears from duelling, and only died twice.

also i generally dont leave in the middle of a duel unless its because i am out of rejuvs, i always have a looter in game, and safe + exit or alt +f4 is slower than press a button for a rejuv.

if i counted how many times i have made druids chicken, or other chars chicken/fast exit leave/run to town. my win ratio would be alot higher than 2/60