Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What % of MF is the best?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by Deathlok2001, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

What % of MF is the best?

I have alittle over 400% MF on my cow running LF zon. I notice I get more uniques & set items when I take off about 30-40% MF in hell cow lvl.........

How can this be???

2. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

When you take off those 30-40% MF, you problably replace it with something that adds to your killing speed. In terms of MF runs, it's normally quantity over quality, especially in the cow lvl, where the chance of something dropping is low no matter what % MF you have. My MF chars have around 400% MF, and they don't need more because they survive and still kill fast.

3. RetroStar

RetroStar IncGamers Member

The more MF is always better as long as it doesn't slow down your killing speed.

4. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

The problem with my characters is that it usually does. I have noticed that I put on MF stuff and sacrifice killing speed. Except for sorcs, I guess, who rely on skills instead of gear. Maybe I just build them incorrectly... :(

5. itsPizzarific

itsPizzarific Banned

what specific builds are you talking about?

6. Dacar92

Dacar92 Community, Amazon, DH Moderator & Inc Clan Officer

Take a zon, for example: She is an FA/Strafer. She uses full mavs set, (100%) travelers, ravenfrost, nagel, an ammy with + MF, and a whole bunch of + MF SC's. Now, if I switch out some of the gear (including the SC's) for + dex mods, she can kill quite a bit faster. But I am left with only 100% on the Mav's. I don't have a Faith or WF because I don't trade (except for SP).

My barb, on the other hand, is the same, but less affected by this. He wears full IK gear. I switch out the MF SC's from my zon if I decide to play with him. I have to take out + strength or + life SC's. But he does so much damage per hit anyways that a drop of 100 or 200 is not a huge deal for him.