Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What next for my summoner?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by Stevebo, Jun 11, 2005.

1. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

What next for my summoner?

This is my first Necro, and am not sure how to proceed.

My current skillpoints are :

Skelli Mastery - 20
    Skelli - 20
    Skelli Mage - 2
    Clay Golem - 1
    Iron Golem - 1
    Golem Mastery - 1
    Summon Resist - 1

Teeth - 1
    Corpse Explosion - 9

Curses
    1 in everything to Life Tap and Decrepify

Have +skills to beef the one pointers up (at the mo have very few plus skills, but working on it)

I dont plan on using revives as have heard they kinda suck, and the main use of my mages is to get a few Ice mages to help out in immobilising bosses, and for that i dont need many of them.

Should i continue beefing up CE or will plus skills be enough to give it a big end radius?
    OR
    Should i invest in poison or bone spells as a secondary attack? which would be better? My thought is poison as there are less synergies required, but would Bone Spear be better to kill a single monster and then CE the rest to oblivion?

Also will +skills raise summon resist to a respectable level or do i need to put more hard points in there.

Thanks in advance for any help

2. HarbingersOfSkulls

HarbingersOfSkulls IncGamers Member

Since you already started on the path of the summoner...stay with it. Just finish maxxing CE...get revives if you want (they only deserve 1 point) and you could max mages.

Some like mages...some don't so it's your choice.

As for poison skills...if you can't max all 3...then don't mess with them because damage wise...it's not worth it for PN not to have the other 2 maxxed.

Make sure you get 1 into DV...very helpful with souls during baalruns...your +skills will take care of summon resists so don't bother adding more points to it.

HoS

3. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

OK
    Currently:
    Skelli - 20
    Mastery - 20
    CE - 20

One point wonders in most of the rest of the summon/curse trees

Currently at level 67

Dont plan on putting more into Mages or Revives - which would be better Bone or Poison? Did the previous answr mean bone?

Thanks

4. vagrantrogue

vagrantrogue IncGamers Member

i'm in a similar position, and i was advised not to go poison since i cannot fully synergize poison nova. right now, i'm inclined to max out bone spirit and then the rest into bonewall or bone prison to use as synergy for both spirit and armor. if you wish to take advantage of the marrowalk bug, then put into wall.

5. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Attract can be combined with Amp damage. Very cool like that.

6. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Depending on the amount of skill points spend I figure you have about 36 skill points left. That is enough to get a useable Spirit, but not enough to get poison.

If you want to do something radical you could max PDagger, get a Venom dagger and pretend you’re a Daggermancer.

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

Throw on some Fire bolt rings, full Trang's, and Marrow Walks along with the Venom dagger and you can be the first of a bold new build. The super cheezor charged synergy necro.

8. Mad Mantis

There is a guide on that build somewhere around here IIRC.

9. Stevebo

Stevebo Banned

OK, dont know enough about the necro to know if what you're suggesting is either:
    1. A new build that sounds like it might work but people want to see someone else try it so they dont suddenly find themselves having wasted many many hours.
    2. The most common standard extension of a summoner once the summons have been maxed out....
    So i sit here in blissful ignorance

Currently halfway through act 1 hell, and abusing CE for all its worth:) doing much better than my windy at the same level and does not have to worry about physical immunes. Necro Rocks.

10. Mad Mantis

The Marrowwalk is standard for a Bone-hybrid or when you want a decent BA. Full Trang's can be synergized to have decent Fire attacks. Venom works with maxed PDagger. All in all it would be a new build that would probably work, but people aren't interested enough to waste a few hours on it.