Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What necro is the fastest baalrunner?

Discussion in 'Necromancer' started by xyzthorakzyx, Jun 5, 2005.

1. xyzthorakzyx

xyzthorakzyx IncGamers Member

What necro is the fastest baalrunner?

Assume you have access to top end gear (enigma, beast, charms whatever you want), what would be the fastest baalrunner in 1 player games and what would be the fastest in 8 player games? (reason why I ask is because CE works wonders in 1 player but is less effective in 8 players so I guess the one that is fastest in 1 player doesn't have to be the fastest in 8 player...).

2. Chimaira

Chimaira IncGamers Member

I think a summon/poison hybrid would be pretty awesome! I don't think Bone skills do enough mass damage to be really viable, in 8 player games. Also load up on auras, get a Might merc with Pride for sick enhanced damage and both your poison and skellies should make short work of most monsters.

3. Izo Huio

Izo Huio IncGamers Member

A fully powered Bonemancer can have skills that are like level 38. And you can have a Spear stronger then a Spririt. A Bonemancer could easily baal run...

4. xyzthorakzyx

xyzthorakzyx IncGamers Member

I am trying a poison/summon right now and I experience the following problems (note I don't have an enigma):

1. I have problem with the souls, not because I die (t-gods protects me), but because they have hard poison immunity (lower resist doesn't remove it) and they are also phys immune, even though this can be removed by amp, they still kill my merc/skeletons.
    2. I also have problems with iron maiden.

Would these problems be solved by either getting an enigma or playing a pure summoner? A friend of mine plays a pure summoner and he claims it's faster than a hybrid because you can get a lot of +summonskills and have really strong skeletons. Besides, you could also get beast for your necro (lvl 9 fana aura), bramble (15-21 Thorns aura) + pride (lvl 18 concentration aura) for your merc and also your merc will have a might aura himself. You will also only have to bother casting amp all the time.

The question is, will this necro kill faster than a hybrid?

5. Mad Mantis

Mad Mantis D2/3 Necromancer & Witch Doctor Moderator

Take away the weapon of your Merc. He'll kill himself not as often as with a weapon and he will still do a good amount of damage.

AI curses are your friend here. DV will prevent them from targeting anything that isn't 1 yard away. Confusion will make them shoot everything. Attract will make them shoot at one of their own while you can cast Amp on the others. Once one goes down you can use CE to take care of the rest.

6. batuchka

batuchka IncGamers Member

Hmm i run baal all the time solo with bone/summon hybrid in 1 player mf games :p Sure spear damage stated isn't godly for hybrid (mines just over 2.7k now) but with some fcr and since it pierces multiple targets with amp and minions i face no problems and speedwise the only reason i take longer is because i choose to clear everything in Worldstone hehe. MM is spot on - in the choice of AI curses i choose Dim Vision and once blinded Black Souls fall to bone spells and minions. All melee chars/merc will have problems with IM and for me once i spot an OB Knight i spear him a.s.ap but yes merc dies now and then as i use Insight so not too keen on removing weapon but MM is right. A fully powered pure boner ought not to have problems either with uses of walls/prisons and clay+merc i would think :D Cheers

7. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

For actual boss killing the poison/skelli is probably one of the weaker necro builds but for killing normal monsters it's downright godly solo. Best thing to do in any case is get a lot of crushing blow on your merc. When he does that jab attack it does loads of damage when combined with CB.

Don't completely discount that CE damage though. I still use CE in 8-player games to grab a lot of kills that would normally all go to the hammerdins and the experience bonus for getting your own kills is very noticeable. I'm not sure how much it gets effectively nerfed by in 8-player but even if you're only doing like 5-20% of monster life damage, that's still a lot of damage for Hell and it really adds up when it's being inflicted on large crowds of monsters.

I suspect a triple aura skellimancer (Pride, Faith or Beast, and Might merc) kills bosses the fastest. If you were to focus a bone/summon hybrid on maxing the skeletons with a full 20/20 Pride, Faith, and a might merc, with all your plus skill geared towards them, you would probably kill bosses faster than most other necro builds. If the skellies are doing 2-3K each, there is really no way a 4-7ish K bonespear can compete with that if you have a dozen of them surrounding a boss and still only hitting half the time. In fact, the right mages all combined would probably do more damage than a toned down bone spirit from a hybrid would so full summoner might be the best way to go.

8. Damric

Damric IncGamers Member

In 1 player: Lich Lord
    In 8 player: Lich Lord

Go to nilathaks temple and raise the free corpses. Aquire more minions at eltricht/shenk. Teleport to Baal. Destroy everything easily while standing behind Baal in "blob mode". Decrepify baal, teleport next to him, then take a step back. In 8 player Baal you will kill him in under a minute, without a scratch on you or your minions.

9. QQTony

QQTony IncGamers Member

1 player & 8 player same summon and bone necro

tele.. kill minors... pet with high CB..... 4minutes

10. HafidzMD

HafidzMD IncGamers Member

Ive played all 3.

Bone/Hybrid, Summon/Bone, Poison/Summon

From all 3, bone/hybrid is the fastest killer, summon is second and poison is 3rd.

while poison is really great killing low hp monsters, u will find a hard time killing listers.

11. HafidzMD

HafidzMD IncGamers Member

Ive tested this many times and I can safely say that Infinity might merc is much better. way better. especially with the CB.