What mercenary for my Blizzard sorc?

ruben051

Diabloii.Net Member
What mercenary for my Blizzard sorc?

Hello :)

I just can't decide what mercenary to hire for my blizzard sorc. I'm not going to achieve max block, but my vitality will be high.

I just can't decide.... Prayer, Defiance, or maybe Holy Freeze?

Could anyone tell me what the best choice is :p

Thanks in advance!
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
ruben051 said:
Hello :)

I just can't decide what mercenary to hire for my blizzard sorc. I'm not going to achieve max block, but my vitality will be high.

I just can't decide.... Prayer, Defiance, or maybe Holy Freeze?

Could anyone tell me what the best choice is :p

Thanks in advance!
For Blizzard Sorc i would definitly recommend Holy Freeze Merc, since this Merc can slow monster, so they will stay longer in your Blizzard and die faster 8). Best choice for BLizzard. The other 2 can survive too, bu the benefit is not that good for a Blizzard Sorc.

Prayer is rather a "waste" since you wont need that much constant healing. Might would be an alternative here for Boss-Killing.
 

sasja

Diabloii.Net Member
Defiance or Holy Freeze. Though Blizzard will chill monsters too, your problem will usually be those who don't get hit at all (the others are usually dead), so I think a Holy Freeze merc makes good sense. That's the best choice for questing and regular play.

However, I went for Defiance, as my Blizz sorc will be running Mephisto mostly.

Might is also an option, if you want to solo a bit from time to time.
 

ruben051

Diabloii.Net Member
Holy Freeze sounds good... I'm mainly thinking about MF'ing Mephisto and Pindle.. Just a question, the cold immunes, would a holy freeze merc be able to take them down?
 

melianor

D3 Wizard Moderator
ruben051 said:
Holy Freeze sounds good... I'm mainly thinking about MF'ing Mephisto and Pindle.. Just a question, the cold immunes, would a holy freeze merc be able to take them down?
Holy Freeze, Defiance or Might Mercs are all capable of taking down your immunes. Mobs might turn out difficult, but you can help with Static to make them easier for your merc and Telekinesis to puh them back and stun them.
the power of Telekinesis is still underrated i think.
 

CoRrUpTeD_ArChAnGeL

Diabloii.Net Member
melianor said:
Holy Freeze, Defiance or Might Mercs are all capable of taking down your immunes. Mobs might turn out difficult, but you can help with Static to make them easier for your merc and Telekinesis to puh them back and stun them.
the power of Telekinesis is still underrated i think.
well u can just hav a defiance merc so both u can can get the boost for def nd also u should equip your merc with the runeword "Doom" as it gives holy freeze.
 
Top