Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Merc To Use?

Discussion in 'Amazon' started by JohnYKR, Mar 26, 2004.

1. JohnYKR

JohnYKR IncGamers Member

What Merc To Use?

im going to be making a Javazon that uses only the light attacks(based of the stickied LF mini-guide). These are the mercs im looking at.
    act2-might
    act2-holy freeze
    act1-cold arrow
    Which one do you think that I should use?

2. Krunch_Kidney

Krunch_Kidney IncGamers Member

well, I suppose as you don't use physical attacks and leech isn't a problem with lf, then the choice seems to be the holy freeze merc.

3. DisturbingThaPeace

DisturbingThaPeace IncGamers Member

4. creatine_rage_2002

creatine_rage_2002 IncGamers Member

I made a Javazon from the same stickied guide and i opted for the Mighty Merc! So far, so good....and hes got a lot of levelling left to do. Im not sure if the lightning damage is increased by the might aura, but it sure does come in handy when coupled with critical strike against Lightning Immunes.

5. DisturbingThaPeace

DisturbingThaPeace IncGamers Member

look at my post count, go with might merc now already

6. creatine_rage_2002

So what does your post cound have to do with anything??

7. bxr222

bxr222 IncGamers Member

I opted for the might merc with my light java. He wears shaft and Tals helm. Wields a Amn,Amn,39ED Tomb Reaver. He is unstoppable. Between him and my lev 26 Valk I never get touched. I just sit around IDing things while they kick ***. A dumb trap assassin tried to PK me once and got housed by my merc. :)

8. Icarus

Icarus IncGamers Member

absolutely nothing. :yawn:

9. creatine_rage_2002

Are we supposed to be impressed by the fact that you have 1504 posts. Does that make you the 'authority' on might mercs?? Seems to me, you might be better served by posting a little less and playing a little more.

10. GhostStealer

GhostStealer IncGamers Member

I prefer act1 fire rogue. Since I mf in chaos santuary. A melee type mercenary will die quickly cause of IM. also the AI of rogue is good as they then to stay far away and thus die rarely die.

11. JohnYKR

JohnYKR IncGamers Member

right now it looks like ill go with a might merc. I'll have plenty of time to play with a act1 merc since i dont get him until nm dificulty so i may decide to stay with him if he serves me well.

Also, Ghoststealer isnt the Chaos Sanc full of Fire Immunes.

12. sunbearie

sunbearie IncGamers Member

Yup, you might consider using the act 1 merc after all. With a strong valk, I quite like the idea of the rogue merc shooting from behind. Plus you can outfit her with high-elemental damage equipment for LIs eg. WWS without need for life leech.

Might mercs are great (esp for your valk) but what happens I hate it when you meet a PI LI and you have to run.

13. Shanksie1337

Shanksie1337 IncGamers Member

If you play ladder a reapers toll is the dogs booolax at removing PI - even PI stoneskin monsters -i am yet to find a monster that remains PI once Decrep'ed by the reapers.

I personally always use a might merc with a zon as the might aura helps the valk or so i believe.

14. GhostStealer

GhostStealer IncGamers Member

Act1 Fire Rogue can do both physical and fire damage. so FI monster is not a problem.

15. Denzik

Denzik IncGamers Member

I've never tried out a might merc before, but I happen to like my holy freeze merc with a reapers toll. The monsters move incredibly slow, so that my Valk and Merc are able to tank effortlessly while i dish out a ton of damage with lightning fury/Lightning Strike/Charged Strike/Jab. Also physical immunities are removed as Shanksie pointed out. There really has yet to be a monster that either I or my Merc/Valk hasn't been able to eventually Kill.

16. jren

jren IncGamers Member

depends where u mf mostly like one of the posts implied. Overall, i like might but holy freeze is good too if you gotta play defense alot, really helps to slow monsters down.

PS: if you have Doom, you can get both =/

17. [D]Rui[D]

[D]Rui[D] IncGamers Member

go for a act 1 fire/cold rouge merc.....

they may not be a good tank but they can kill just as fast as any act2 merc:)

18. Deathlok2001

Deathlok2001 Banned

How does post count = anything remotely connected with answering questions??????????????

i would like to know! :surprise:

19. YogiRat

YogiRat IncGamers Member

I found one last night, the only one I've ever seem though. I was doing a Hell Shenk run my Witchyzon and came across a stone skined PI thorn beast boss.
    Decrep displayed and he was slowed, but his physical immunity never went away. However, when Amp overode decrep his PI did go. Not often enough though with the reapers 33% chance to cast vs. the Witchy's 2%. I finished him off with straight arrows (MA).

The Witchwild is a good rogue bow. One setup I've found useful for the rogue is to equip her with +2 skills. I used a Spirit Shroud and Lore with the Witchy double shaeled. This setup gives cold, fire, and magic attack with a chance to cast Amp. Not quite the lightning hose of 1.09, but still very affective.

20. Anidem

Anidem Banned

Do you intend to use Valk much? Valk the best tank in the game and might aura makes it a pretty good (albeit slow) killing machine. my fav tactic is the might/bramble merc