Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What Merc For Pally

Discussion in 'Paladin' started by Rob McLarty, Nov 6, 2006.

1. Rob McLarty

Rob McLarty IncGamers Member

What Merc For Pally

I was wondering what merc i should get for my pally... i was thinking act 2 or 5 merc but i wasnt sure since i am a zelot and i was wondering if i should get act 3 merc because of its magic attack??? plz post with answer soon ill be on for a while though... THX

2. bobofuzzlymunky

bobofuzzlymunky IncGamers Member

eh, they fixed the gmerc bug so those guys do miniscule dmg, either get a holy freeze merc (so you dont have to worry about monsters hitting you as much while you wack away) or a might merc. ( more dmg for you. )

3. TeknoRat

TeknoRat IncGamers Member

Act 2 Offensive Merc w/ Pride if you have the money. It'd increase your damage A LOT with the might, concentration and fanaticism auras all active while you're attacking. Don't know if this is within your price range though. Even if you can't afford the Pride I'd still stick with the same merc just so he adds that might aura to you.

edit. LOL you beat me this time :(

4. Bladewind

Bladewind IncGamers Member

If you like to tank safely, you can try a Def merc with Doom !

Alternatively an Act5 merc with Last Wish CB. With the amount of LT he casts all the time, he is very safe (as long IM does not get him or you can use a little pb but the damage loss is abit too much) and not to mention big hurty cb.

5. Eilo Rytyj

Eilo Rytyj IncGamers Member

Obedience makes a GREAT weapon for the merc if you're on a budget. Best made in either an ethereal Thresher or Cryptic Axe, since the Larzuk quest will automatically give you 5 sockets with those.

An ethereal Thresher Obedience will net you an 84-991 damage weapon with 40% crushing blow, good resists, defense, stats and a huge AR boost thanks to the Enchant. The Cryptic Axe will have 232-1057 damage, but will be slightly slower. It will not matter too much, since you're most likely going to be using Fanaticism 90% of the time, which will make up a little for the slower weapon.

The Might aura merc is my first choice when playing a physical damage character, for obvious reasons.

6. marcello

marcello Banned

Otherwise an a1merc with cold arrow and WF makes the job easy imo.