Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What mastery for frenzy build?

Discussion in 'Barbarian' started by Klapse, May 12, 2008.

1. Klapse

Klapse IncGamers Member

What mastery for frenzy build?

Hi there
    Im new to D2 on a "serious" level so pls keep the abreviations and so on, on a minimum :)
    im making a frenzy barb and i was wondering what mastery would be the best for me to choose? Or, do i need one at all..?

I dont really have any gold or runes or anything, so pls keep that in mind :)
    thx in advance

2. Ed from Russia

Ed from Russia IncGamers Member

Re: What mastery for frenzy build?

it depends on which weapon you use. If you're not sure then keep the masteries empty until later.

3. galzohar

galzohar IncGamers Member

Re: What mastery for frenzy build?

Masteries are critical to your success, and maxing only 1 is also critical so you can have points for the many other places where you need them. If you don't have a weapon you know you'll be using you'll have to just go with one mastery and hope for the best, since you're going to have a hard time untwinked without a mastery. If you already have a weapon, go with that. If you're twinking but don't have a weapon, get one before you start your barbarian. A barbarian without a good weapon won't be able to do much at all (and 2 weapons in the case of frenzy).

For weapon types all cruels can be shopped at A4/5 hell although cruel elite swords are a bit easier to find in my experience (due to larger general sword availability at the vendors). For [0] speed weapons, berserker axe is actually better than mythical sword though (same speed and slightly more damage). Berserker axes can also be crafted although it's not a very good use of perfect rubies.