Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what level to craft/gamble??

Discussion in 'Diablo 2 Community Forum' started by karekano, Mar 17, 2005.

1. karekano

karekano IncGamers Member

what level to craft/gamble??

I've been trying hard to gamble lately and spent about 10+mil on rings and ammys gambling from gheed and char is level 92. is it just me or do i need to be a higher level to gamble +2 sorc skill amulets or rather i havent seen a single +2 all class skill ammy. Also what level should i get before i start trying to craft <i want to have the best chance at max prefix suffixes>. Thanks I think i may just be having some really bad luck =x.

also for imbue quests what level should i be to use them (have like 12 saved) and what should i go for? < was thinking of saving up some coronets or tiaras and going for 20% fcr skill helms or possibly some tri resist booties>

2. Dennis_KoreanGuy

Dennis_KoreanGuy IncGamers Member

Don't gamble for rings/ammys. Go for Coronets, and coronet always not a circlet or any other kinds of helmets. @ lvl 92, many of them should have +skills with +% mods like fcr / frw / fhr / etc.

Chances of you getting a soj is much lower than you getting a +3 elemental / 20~30%fhr (for example).

At lvl 92, it's generally high enough to get great items, although higher the better.

I don't think they sell Tiaras at gamble screen.

For imbueing, imbue circlets, or if you can, find the ilvl of Imps and make a char in 5 lvl range of that ilvl, and imbue chain boots hoping to god you get Shanks.

- Dennis

3. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

Just a side note, if you gamble a coronet you have a slight (IIRC 1/13) chance of it being a tiara.

You are a high enough level to craft anything in the game IIRC the highest mod needs clvl 92. So go to town :D

My numbers after the IIRC's could be a little off so don't hold me to them.

4. RTB

RTB IncGamers Member

Gambling for Coronets allows one a chance at Tiaras/Diadems. Circlets are upgraded before you click on them and change their graphic to Coronet when they upgrade.

The name of a rare has nothing to do with the mods and those boots are classic dupes, thus you can't find or gamble boots with such mods.

parkerbsb: The chance varies actually.
    Chance for excep = 1 + 0.9(Ilvl - Qlvl_excep)
    Chance for elite = 1 + 0.33(Ilvl - Qlvl_elite)

The Clvl required to craft items with all affixes being able to spawn varies too. It's best to redirect you to the Affixcalc for the complete answer.

5. parkerbsb

parkerbsb IncGamers Member

I thought the info seemed to static, but that's what I was told awhile ago.

Thanks RTB it's always nice to see you pop in and de-falisify info :D

BTW I didn't notice the imp-shanks comment heh...

6. Singollo

Singollo IncGamers Member

if your looking for just an ammy with +2 sorc, i would say just buy the ammys you can get a maras, small chance but you will get +2 sorc rare in some point in time.

also, use edge runeword if your in ladder and get a gheeds charms this can take you to -30% from venders. this really adds up fast