Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What level should I be to craft under level 30 Blood Helms?

Discussion in 'Theorycrafting and Statistics' started by jeremyrx, Jul 26, 2010.

  1. jeremyrx

    jeremyrx IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 16, 2008
    Messages:
    1,794
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    166
    What level should I be to craft under level 30 Blood Helms?

    Trying to figure it out and could use some insight (or be pointed to someplace I can figure it out myself) from the more experienced crafters.

    Thanks!
     
  2. krischan

    krischan Europe Trade Moderator

    Joined:
    Aug 17, 2003
    Messages:
    30,181
    Likes Received:
    1,096
    Trophy Points:
    416
    Re: What level should I be to craft under level 30 Blood Helms?

    Crafting LLD items doesn't pay off because the level req of crafted items is higher by 10+3*x, with x being the number of additional affixes. Also, to get 4 affixes all the time, the resulting item needs an ilvl if 70+ (or 71+, I'm not 100% sure right now) which means that a lot of higher level affixes can occur (apart from adding 22 to the level req).

    New ilvl = charlvl/2 + old_ilvl/2, rounded down before adding.

    IMO it's better to pick up rares in normal cows.
     
  3. leoninuk

    leoninuk IncGamers Member

    Joined:
    Jul 11, 2008
    Messages:
    25
    Likes Received:
    0
    Trophy Points:
    20
    Re: What level should I be to craft under level 30 Blood Helms?

    lot of info from the LLD 101 group! google is your friend...
    this guide has been published by :KukiFBK

    there is a lot of info below that should help you...


    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Basic Knowledge And Formulas . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    Clvl- Level of character with which we buys items/crafts them

    Qlvl- Quality level.
    Can be never higher than ilvl of item, so if qlvl > ilvl, then qlvl = ilvl.
    Few qlvls of items which we uses for crafting:
    Light Belt - qlvl 7
    Leather Boots - qlvl 3
    Light Plated Boots - qlvl 20

    You can found qlvls of all items here: http://classic.battle.net/diablo2exp/items/weaponsandarmor.shtml


    Ilvl- Item level.
    In our case for magic (blue) items it depends on character level with which we buys our items and on difficulty level
    Normally item level of vendor's items is equal to character level +5, but on norm it's additionally capped (act 1:12, act 2:20, act 3:28, act 4:36, act 5:45).
    The ilvl of a crafted item is equal to half the level of the crafting character (rounded down) plus half the ilvl of the input item (rounded down):
    new ilvl of craft = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * old ilvl of base item)


    Alvl - Affix level.
    For an item this is the level that is used to compare to the level and max level as found in the prefix and suffix tables.
    When referring to aprefix/suffix it is the value listed in the level column.
    To calculate alvl of crafting item we must go through the following four steeps:

    (1)ilvl = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * ilvl)
    The ilvl calculated in (1) has to undergo two checks and possible modifications. First, ilvl is capped at 99:
    (2) if ilvl > 99 then ilvl = 99
    Then qlvl and ilvl are compared. The higher number is used for further calculations:
    (3)if qlvl > ilvl then ilvl = qlvl
    The final step is to determine the affix level. If the ilvl is smaller than 99 - int(qlvl/2) then the affix level is ilvl - int(qlvl/2). Otherwise the affix level is ilvl*2 - 99:
    (4) if ilvl < (99 - int(qlvl/2)= then affix level = ilvl - int(qlvl/2) else affix level = ilvl * 2 - 99.
    It's also worth noting that the ilvl, the quality and the properties of the jewel are completely irrelevant and don't affect the outcome at all.


    Affixes - Mods that our crafted item can have (not including fixed properties, which each craft have also)
    Crafted Items have 1-4 Random Magical Prefixes/Suffixes (but no more than 3 of each).
    On top of those fixed properties, a Crafted Item can have from 1-4 standard Rare and Magic Prefix and Suffixes. These are generated pretty much the same way as a Rare item.

    At ilvls 1-30, there's a 40% chance of 1 affix and a 20% chance each of 2, 3 or 4 affixes.
    At ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes.
    At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes.
    At ilvls 71+, there's a 100% chance of 4 affixes.

    Remember that ilvl in this case means ilvl of craft, not ilvl of base item.


    Rlvl- Required level.
    new rlvl= rlvl of highest affix + 10 + 3*amount of mods

    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________


    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Caster Belts . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    We need: Magic Light Belt + Ith Rune + Perfect Amethyst +Any Jewel
    The most useful prefixes/suffixes would be:


    24 fhr + ( 5 rl | 20 life | 20 mana | 5 str | 30 cr/lr)

    Since 24fhr suffix have rlvl 13 (look at prefixes/suffixes calculator, column named Level-req.), then according to our formula, with just 2 mods, final lvl req of our craft will be:
    new rlvl= rlvl of highest affix + 10 + 3*amount of mods = 17 + 10 + 3*2 = 29
    This means if we want 24 fhr on our belt we can get only one more affix with lower rlvl (all affixes which i listed have lower rlvls, except 30lr or 30cr, which have same rlvl as 24 fhr).
    So we want 2 and only 2 affixes on our belt. The best chance for this we have with ilvls 31-50 (at ilvls 31-50, there's a 60% chance of 2 affixes and a 20% chance each of 3 or 4 affixes).
    We also want alvl 18 (at least, but lower is always better if possible) because it's needed for 24 fhr(look at prefixes/suffixes calculator, column named level).
    Since in our case affix level = ilvl-int(qlvl/2) = ilvl-7/2 = ilvl-3, it's impossible to have ilvl 31 and alvl 18 at same time :(

    Ok, so what is worse, higher alvl (more useless mods can spawn) or lower ilvl (only 20% chance of 2 affixes)?
    Let's say we want 24fhr and 5rl (prefixes/suffixes have various frequency, so other mods wil give you other numbers) and any fcr / mana / mana regen.
    With alvl 18 and ilvl 21 we have 0,0736% chance to roll 24fhr and 3-5rl, and with ilvl 3 and alvl 28 we have 0.118% chance. So out chances are 60% better!
    This is unexpected result, because most people believe that ilvl 21 (alvl18) is the best. Well, looks like it's not and ilvl 31 (alvl 28) is much better
    Anyway even with ilvl 31 / alvl 28 your chances for getting 5-10fcr / 24fhr / 3-5rl / 10-20mana / 4-10% mana reg belt are like 1 to 242. Be prepared for that.

    So, how to get that ilvl 31?
    New ilvl = int(.5 * clvl) + int(.5 * old ilvl).So if we want to use same char for crafting and buying belts, you need character lvl 29.
    Vendors who can sell Light Belt: Charsi (Normal), Gheed (Normal), Fara (Normal), Elzix (Normal), Charsi (Nightmare), Gheed (Nightmare), Elzix (Nightmare)
    Remember to buy all items on nightmare or hell, unless I will say otherwise.

    ______________________________________
    Short version:
    1. Get character with 29 lvl req.
    2.Buy light belt from Nightmare Charsi
    3.Craft it with the same char
    ______________________________________



    17 fhr + 5 rl + 20 life

    Yes, it's possible on lvl 30, and it's probably even better than 24fhr 5rl.
    20life suffix have highest rlvl equal to 11. New rlvl= rlvl of highest affix + 10 + 3*amount of mods = 11 + 10 + 3*3 = 30
    As we seen in previous example high chance for correct amount of affixes is better than as low as possible alvl.
    At ilvls 51-70, there's an 80% chance of 3 affixes and a 20% chance of 4 affixes, so that's what we want.
    Chance to get all this 3 mods is 0.0945%, so of course lower than for 24fhr/5rl belt. Also it's harder to get both rl and life perfect than just rl.
    But if you want to try to craft best lld belt ever get character with level 49 and check if you are lucky enough (nice, you can use your mld chars :p).

    ______________________________________
    Short version:
    1. Get character with 49 lvl req.
    2.Buy light belt from Nightmare Charsi
    3.Craft it with the same char
    ______________________________________


    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Caster Boots + Blood Boots . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
    __________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

    For caster boots we need: Magic Boots + Thul Rune + Perfect Amethyst + Any Jewel
    For blood boots we need: Magic Light Plated Boots + Eth Rune + Perfect Ruby + Any Jewel
    The most useful prefixes/suffixes would be:



    30 cr/lr+ ( 3 dex | 10 fhr | 10 frw | Poison Length Reduced by 25% | Half Freeze Duration)
    Since 30 cr/lr have highest rlvl - equal 13 - it's exactly same situation as with 24 fhr belt. We can get only one other mod
    (i chose the best ones as you can see in top bracket) and lvl req of our craft will be 29.
    Same as with 24 fhr belt best level for crafting will be 29.
    At this level Boots can be bought from: Charsi (Normal), Gheed (Normal), Elzix (Normal)... Ups?
    If we can buy on normal only we can't get boots with right ilvl which causes problems with right craft ilvl also.
    The solution is buying Boots form normal Elzix (with 7+ character level, can be 49 for simplicity) and crafting them with character level 49.
    (A slightly better would be Charsi or Gheed + 50lvl char, but with 49lvl many people can use mld chars, and 50lvl gives you only like 1% better chance for better resists roll).
    Light Plated Boots you can buy from: Fara (Normal), Asheara (Normal), Halbu (Normal), Jamella (Normal), Larzuk (Normal), Anya (Normal), Charsi (Nightmare),
    Fara (Nightmare), Asheara (Nightmare), Charsi (Hell), Gheed (Hell), Elzix (Hell), Charsi (Hell), Gheed (Hell), Fara (Hell), Elzix (Hell)
    Remember to buy all items on nightmare or hell, unless I will say otherwise.

    ______________________________________
    Short version for Caster Boots:
    1. Get character with 49 lvl req
    2.Buy light belt from Normal Elzix
    3.Craft it with the same char

    Short version fro Blood Boots:
    1. Get character with 29lvl req.
    2.Buy light belt from Nightmare Charsi
    3.Craft it with the same char
    ______________________________________


    Any 3 affixes from this list: 20 cr/lr | 3 dex | 10 fhr | 10 frw | Poison Length Reduced by 25% | Half Freeze Duration
    Highest rlvl equal to 9 is owned by 3 dex and 20 cr/lr affixes, so with 3 random affixes from list we still can have 28 lvl req:
    new rlvl= rlvl of highest affix + 10 + 3*amount of mods = 9 + 10 + 3*3 = 28
    Since we need 3 affixes this situation is similar to 17 fhr + 5 rl + 20 life caster belt.
    So again we need 49lvl char for best result.
    At least for Blood Boots, because for Caster Boots we again have problems with buying Magic Boots with right ilvl.
    Solution will be buying form Charsi or Gheed (on normal) and using 90 lvl char.

    ______________________________________
    Short version for Caster Boots:
    1. Get character with 49 lvl req
    2.Buy light belt from Nightmare Charsi or Fara
    3.Craft it with the same char

    Short version fro Blood Boots:
    1. Get character with 90 lvl req.
    2.Buy light belt from Normal Charsi or Gheed
    3.Craft it with the same char
     

Share This Page