Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What kind of stuff will people trade for?

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by Uncle Sporky, Mar 29, 2004.

1. Uncle Sporky

Uncle Sporky IncGamers Member

What kind of stuff will people trade for?

Hi, I've only had this game for a few months, and I was just wondering what sort of things people will trade for. I haven't been playing online, mostly because of all the cheaters/hackers/godly people who will randomly slaughter you, and because I wanted to experience it all for myself at least the first few times through. I just found a rare spiked mace with 1-153 lightning damage, +1 to all barb skills, and some leech (I forget the other specifics). I've got it with a Paladin, so it's not that useful to me, but it's got the best mods I've seen on any item I've found yet. Would anyone want this online? If so, what could I expect to get for it? Also, does anyone trade for missing set items, or are they common enough that people don't place much value on them? Thanks.

2. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

well, first of all i got to disappoint you a bit. That spiked mace would probably not give you anything at all :grrr:

The currency used online are mostly so called "tradeables", which mostly means unique items that are rare enough to be worth something. If you check the Item-databases at www.battle.net/diablo2exp you can say that most of the elite unique items are included there. Items with high damage are always wanted, especially if they come with nice attackspeed.
    Sorc/necro-wands should have good skills which means +2 to all + some other useful skill(s) to have any value.
    The things people want is: Damage, attackspeed and damage, skills, leech, resists and statspoints. Rare items can have great combos of these, so make sure you pick up every rare item. (good damage % is 250%+)

Another currency is Pgems (perfect gems) which you can make yourself in the cube (or just find them).
    Many people sell decent items for pgems, and collecting these might be a good way to get your hands on decent gear.
    Make sure to check this forum
    http://www.rpgforums.net//forumdisplay.php?f=22
    to see how many people actually selling stuff for gems ;)

And now the sets. Well, most set items are common as hell, so the only thing you actually can trade for useful stuff is the high end sets rarest item(s) like tal rasha armor+amu, IK-armor etc. Stuff like Tal rashas orb is easy to get for some pgems, while people would give you hwanins bill if they only knew you wanted it

3. gblan

gblan IncGamers Member

Runes are rapidly becoming the currency of choice on B.net. High level ones of course, say shael or higher, mostly higher. Exceptional or elite uniques are usually worth hanging on to for trade fodder.Understand though that the level of greed is astonishing in the trade channel. I've offered as much as three times what an item is "worth" and got laughed at so don't expect a lot of luck there. In a word most people in trade channel are idiots. A sure solution to get exactly the gear you need, if possible, is to sell the items you find on eBay and then buy what you need. It's a bit bothersome but no less so than dealing with the nut cases in trade channel and the outcome is you get your item basically free.

GB

4. LorveN

LorveN D3 Off Topic Moderator

or use the forumlink i pasted, since most people there try to be nice to each other when doing trades, and most important; people try to be honest not ripping each other off or demanding more than things are worth. (wow, one sentence :p)

5. Uncle Sporky

Uncle Sporky IncGamers Member

Hey, I'm not disappointed... So basically you're saying I won't be doing much trading until most of the way through Nightmare when I've got some exceptional and elite stuff? One of the main things I was wondering about was whether or not there were lower level traders who just need better stuff to get to higher levels easier, because that's mainly what the mace would help with. I didn't expect much anyway, but thanks for answering my question.

Another thing I wanted to know about was the extent of cheats and hacks in trading. Would you say that most random trades are legit, most are hacks/dupes, or about half and half? I've heard it's pretty bad, and I don't feel like closely scrutinizing every deal that I'd like to participate in.

6. Krazy_Solo

Krazy_Solo IncGamers Member

As far as hackers and what not goes the majority are on Open Bnet (Single Player characters)... Close bnet is far fewer since the patch...

If you really want a safer place to trade i recommend playing Closed Bnet (You have to make an account and start from scratch...)