What kind of runes and what is the chance of Hellforge dropping runes?

wangboBW

Diabloii.Net Member
What kind of runes and what is the chance of Hellforge dropping runes?

Hi, I am looking for the runes that NM and Hell Hellforges can drop and the percent of getting each of them from 1 hellfoge drops. I know it sounds like a lot, but someone must have calculated it before and I just can't find it GRRRRR.

RTB

Diabloii.Net Member
Hellforge rune drops:
- Normal: El - Amn
- Nightmare: Sol - Um
- Hell: Hel - Gul

With an equal distribution. They all drops just as often as others.

Pent

Diabloii.Net Member
I think higher runes have a higher chance of dropping.
I can't find the thread either
but I recieve alot more ums, puls, guls, ists then anything lower, out of 14~ characters I only got one that had gotten a lower rune on hell, hellforge, which was fal.

Cujo

Diabloii.Net Member
RTB is right, theres an equal chance of each rune dropping in the range he stated..

Countess (max runedrop)
normal: Ral
nm : ko (above Io is rare -not part of "special" rune drop)
hell: Lo (above Ist is rare -not part of "special" rune drop)

Vizier

Diabloii.Net Member
Pent said:
I think higher runes have a higher chance of dropping.
I can't find the thread either
but I recieve alot more ums, puls, guls, ists then anything lower, out of 14~ characters I only got one that had gotten a lower rune on hell, hellforge, which was fal.
Can I borrow some of your luck when I do my Hellforge quests? Because it seems like you've had more than your fair share, or else you're forgetting all the times when not-so-great runes dropped. :thumbsup:

Thrugg

Diabloii.Net Member
The runes that can drop from monster depend on their mlvl which, in NM and Hell, depends on the area you find them in.

In an area of level 63, you can find up to Vex.
Level 69, up to Lo.
Level 74, up to Ber.
Level 79, up to Cham.
Level 82, up to Zod.

That is just regular monsters - if you kill boss monsters or their minions, they are a higher level (+3) so may be able to drop the next rune up. Area level lists can be found in many places around the variuos D2 forums and sites.