Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

what kind of rune you can get from forge? (average)

Discussion in 'Newcomer Forum' started by yxx, May 8, 2005.

1. yxx

yxx IncGamers Member

what kind of rune you can get from forge? (average)

I mean the average rune level found at Normal, Nightmare and Hell level forge

I played four weeks, now I have a level 91 blizzard mf sorceress. My first project is to make a CTA, but I am still far from that point. Since pindle and andy never give me best stuff.

So I wonder whether I can rush my own forge (with two computers). though Hell level may be hard for me. I hope I can finish one rush within two hours. If I can get am IST, I think it is much better that MF.

2. BFD

BFD IncGamers Member

3. krischan

krischan Europe Trade Moderator

Not to forget that Hephastos is one of the best HR droppers in the game. However, the chance is still so diminutively small that it pays off more to kill the regular monsters on the way to him. The River of Flame is a L85 area, after all...

4. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

the only problem you'll run into with rushing mules is that you have to be a certain lvl to smash the soulstone (don't remember exactly what the levels are are) so you might have to spend more time than you like leveling up. one way to be a bit more efficient though is to level one mule to the minimum and have another a lvl 1 mule present when you smash it and two runes will drop.

5. thegiantturtle

thegiantturtle IncGamers Member

All information in the above message is wrong.

There is no level requirement to complete the forge quest.

If multiple characters do the forge quest at the same time (are partied when the quest is completed) only ONE rune will drop. A couple more gems drop, but the loss of the rune is more important.

6. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

that's based on what i've read on here before. never bothered to try it. but if there's no required level to smash the soul stone, i might rush my mules next weekend

7. Elgar

Elgar IncGamers Member

There are other lvl requirements (that can be worked around) on other quests that might put a wrench in your plans. Be ready for these.

8. FreezerBurn

FreezerBurn Banned

ancients is easy enough to get around with a glitch rush. but i remember reading that there was a lvl requirement to smash the soul stone, so i never bothered. but if there's not, i might give it a try.

9. Pherdnut

Pherdnut IncGamers Member

There's not. You get by ancients by killing them with a mule present. The mule doesn't get the quest but the Baal quest DOES open for them. However, they can't TP to the worldstone chamber so what you have to do is one of those baal for quest games. Have the mule start the game. As long as they are allied with a party that has at least one member that is going to get the quest they'll get it too so they can just sit in town. Easy with a second computer or a rush buddy.

Some other tips:

Act I - Only need to have them get the Andy Quest. Mule can get quest while still in the first room of Andariel's Lair if you keep the fight close to the corner.

Act II - Mule has to pick up and morph the staff but you can do everything else. Make sure they talk to Drognan before and after the amulet about the darkness etc... Make sure mule is present for slaying of the summoner and have them talk to Drognan afterwards. Otherwise they can't TP into Tombs. Only the rushee can open the wall to Duriel with staff but they don't have to be present for the fight. They only need to talk to Tyrael (make sure you don't talk to him or you will have to kill Duriel again).

Act III - Go to Trav, kill the last of the council with mule present. Head for Mephisto and TP mule behind a wall near him. Kill him and move on. No need for the Khalim's parts or other quests.

Act IV - Easy. Only need to kill Diablo. There are little section of wall that jut out that you're mule can hide behind. Might as well get the normal and NM forges while you're at it though. The gems alone are worth it and you can do decent in NM if you're lucky.

Act V - See above. All you need to do is what I described there.