Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What kind of effective dual element builds are there? ifra

Discussion in 'Sorceress' started by [FLS]prozerran, Mar 6, 2004.

1. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

What kind of effective dual element builds are there?

With the exception of FO, which is great with the least amount of points spent, what kind of other dual elemental builds are there?

I'm asking because I've recently found a +3 eldritch orb (it was ethereal too heh) with 17% to fire/lightning, pretty good one IMHO, and I want to find a good build for fire/lightning sorc.

Any builds besides firewall/CL? I will have +7 to all skills with 110 FCR, so that shouldn't be much of a problem. It's gonna be a all vit sorc too simply because I love lidless too much.

Or should I just stick with single element?

2. DarkHoly

DarkHoly IncGamers Member

Firewall is really the only low-synergy spell with "later-game effectiveness" in my opinion. As far as the lightning part goes, I find that I really enjoy Thunder Storm because it's just one of those cast and forget spells. Then, if you wanted to maybe couple it with another fire or lightning spell (since you already have the mastery) you could pretty much go for it. Maybe try meteor + TS too. Granted, your meteor will be less powerful, but the roughly 2k TS damage every second or so will probably make up for it.

3. warding

warding Banned

Gah? I don't see how TS will kill anything PvM. Meteor will still be good without synergies, but why go meteor without synergies when you can have it with synergies? Other than that, hydra doesn't need synergies.

Of the lightning tree, you can always go old school nova or C bolt :)

4. xKurupT

xKurupT IncGamers Member

i put 20 in fireball, 20 in meteor, 20 in fire mastery.. i have just completed maxing orb now... now im gonna put like 5-7 points in cold mastery so i got around lvl 17 could mastery with items... then im gonna put a point in shiver armor, ts, lightning mastery.. if u have already put points in shiver armor, energy shiled, ts etc its gonna be had to get all ur damaging spells maxed quikly... chaim lighting is spose to be good too....

BTW with all my items (cant remeber the + to skills) around 10-12 i think my meteor does 13k dmg and my fb does 5k dmg.. people say orb is **** but that is partially true.. it is only **** if u put no points in cold mastery.. u will want to aim to atleast lvl 17 cold mastery with items (more the better)

5. [FLS]prozerran

[FLS]prozerran IncGamers Member

um I thought I mentioned I want a dual tree build without using orb. I have a meteorb sorc already, in fact, it's her who found the eldritch orb.