Latest Diablo 3 News
DiabloWiki Updates
Support the site! Become a Diablo: IncGamers PAL - Remove ads and more!

What kind of advice.....

Discussion in 'Hardcore' started by Darkwell, May 14, 2005.

1. Darkwell

Darkwell IncGamers Member

What kind of advice.....

.....could you give to an untwinked multi-shot Bowazon? And please don't laugh, she's my first and has made it to lvl16.

2. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

:eek:

*erm* Keep your red bulb from going empty.

I must say you didn't quite pick one of the easiest characters to finish the game with, though I suppose up to NM should be possible.

Try to obtain a Twitchthroe (possibly through trading on the forum if you're not -that- radical on the untwinked part). Other than that...

*ew*

Just :eek:

3. Darkwell

I thought it might be better to start hc using a character I feel comfortable with and confident in, rather than an unfimiliar one that's known to survive, ie skellymancer.

4. BongoFury

BongoFury IncGamers Member

For untwinked, drag anything of value back to town and gamble for your weakest piece of gear. You don't have to worry much about resists till Diablo, so concentrate on MF if possible. The low level runewords are critical to your early success. Once you reach higher levels, it will all depend on finding a good bow.

Good Luck, and keep us appraised of your progress.

5. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Low lvl runewords rock.

Stealth, Edge etc etc...

6. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

keep all chippies! i think the best possible bow for untwinked bowies are gemmed bows; they do ok damage for their lvl that you cant otherwise get (through massive dex). since you are lvl 16, i assume you've done a1, so you can forego my (late) suggestion of 3 chip ruby bow (andy has very low fr). i think for a2 sapphires are best just because of the amount of beetles/fir skellies.

and one quick note: before you attempt the chaos sanc, i suggest trading the gems you get from hf for a decent bow. 100 damage max (and most of it elemental) is not gonna cut it i'm afraid...

7. PhatTrumpet

PhatTrumpet IncGamers Member

'Zephyr' would be a decent bow for you once you hit lvl 25 (Ort Eth). Until then I would spend most of my gold gambling a decent Poleaxe or Halberd for my Act 2 Merc (probably either Prayer or Defiance). You can keep things chilled using your bow and let him do a good amount of damage and tank for you at the same time.

8. Darkwell

Thanks for the input guys. The chippy bow worked great till I gambled a nice rare short battle bow. I find wands of dim vision and confuse to be useful in certain situations. Uda, my bowazon, is now lvl 42 and in a5 normal. Just finished rescueing Anya. Still untwinked. Damn, how do you guys do this? Diablo nearly got her on a half dozen occassions. Fortunately she had a rare reflex bow drop in a3 and also shopped a staff with tele charges. The bow has good damage, chance to cast amp and life leach. Biggest problem was mana, for multi-shot, but got a manald in durance 2 and hand of brock gloves in the outer stepps, so not a problem anymore. I play sp and have been at p8 the whole way, AND I'M A NERVOUS WRECK, but I'm begining to understand the addiction.

Darkwell

btw: A sol dropped in plains of despair, hell forge dropped an eld, thanks alot, and I was wondering if I should make a Lore helm? Worthy helm? I have a circlet with 2 sockets but Nadir, with it's CoS charges, is looking pretty good to me at the moment.

9. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

I'd probably advise going for Insight over Lore if you're that hard up for mana.

10. Darkwell

I'd like that, but I'm playing this sp and we don't have the new runewords yet and I'd prefer not to use RTBs' RW mod for this character.

11. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Fair enough... Wasn't thinking on that - as I'd probably have installed that one.

12. Darkwell

I have the RW mod installed and a seperate shortcut to use it. I've a 'zon and a 'sin both in the 60's using it, both twinked and sc, and I have to say the new runewords are powerful. Both my characters have 'harmony' and kick butt. I can make them 'fortitude' armor also, when they can equip it. But these 2 characters are for an 'in forum' ladder at another site. The rest of my characters are unmodded and I'd like to keep this HC one that way. Thanks anyway.

In untwinked, I can see that gambling is a staple but what about crafting? Is it used much? What lvl would/do you use your imbue?

13. BongoFury

You're in HC now. Resists and life are key. Plus skills are gravy. You'll be in NM soon, if your resists will be maxed or near to it (fire, cold and ltg) then you can consider the Lore helm. But don't make the mistake a lot of folks do when coming from SC and put too much importance on plus skills. In HC your primary goal is to live. Killing speed is well down the list. Probably behind MF even since you're untwinked.

If you haven't done it yet, read the FAQ at the top of the page, lots of good advise there. Or at least there use to be, I haven't looked at it in ages.

Good luck. And watch out for that FE bug.
    ;-)

14. xeyloderixed

xeyloderixed IncGamers Member

if you are going untwinked all the way, then gambling is useless

15. Darkwell

So I have no recourse but to rely on drops? Or mfing?

16. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

I don't agree with that one... Circlets, Rings and Ammys are worth gambling for with Shenk drops.

--

As to crafting, I craft when I get the stuff to do so :p
    Blood Rings are great. Other crafting stuff is wonderful too.

And imbue... I tend to just pick a circlet in normal to imbue, pick an Act V circlet/coronet in NM and imbue whatever I need in Hell.

If I have a class with specific items (javazon!, druid!) I go to imbue their class specifics though.

17. BongoFury

Say what? All my untwinked Guardians have at least half of their gear from gambling. It's the most dependable source of stuff. What else are you going to do with your gold?

18. Aerath

Aerath IncGamers Member

Oh - and boots. Very much so actually.
    And gloves might be worth a try as well, since you can get skills on 'em.